problems problems problems...

Messages
138
Well,when I started to play to play 2 PLAYER with my friend I noticed that the corses clubman,lemans and special stage route 5 it was all wierd like the road would be all chunky and on lemans on the walls where it says rolex its really fuzzy!Is it just me or are all the two player modes like this? :nervous: But only on two player is like that.
everything else is fine.
 
Yeah, I noticed too. On 1-player it's fine because not as much memory is used, but in 2-player more memory is used so sometimes it can be fuzzy.

I remember in GT2, in Seattle 1-player they had traffic lights and markings on the road. In 2-player they disappeared. I don't really mind it that much.
 
I've seen this on almost every track I race against my brother in 2P mode - AND at the start of a lot of races in Sim mode. From what I understand they really pushed the graphics capability of the PS2 with this game and you're going to see this a lot, unfortunately.

Sometimes it goes away within seconds, sometimes not for 15-20, usually at the beginning, but I've experienced it midway through races, I guess it just depends on how much is going on and how taxing the graphics are at any given moment.

UMP
 
Be glad this isn't Tokyo Extreme. When my brother and I race through the Wangan on that game at over 200-250 mph, everything disappears... apparently, we're going so fast at that point that the PS can't draw the environment fast enough... :lol:
 
i think the ps2 hardware/system tries to mantain the fps at 60 (for ntsc), but already pushing itself to the limit, resulting interlaced image/graphics in some area (with high complexity).
 
niky
Be glad this isn't Tokyo Extreme. When my brother and I race through the Wangan on that game at over 200-250 mph, everything disappears... apparently, we're going so fast at that point that the PS can't draw the environment fast enough... :lol:
Ooh I hate that, I get that on 1-player every now and then and crash into those damn Toyota vans. The worst game this happens to me is San Andreas. Imagine flying your plane when all of a sudden a building spawns right in front of you, leaving you to die. :yuck:
 
Me and my friends always take turns at doing time trials, rather than have versus races
 
Back