Problems uploading livery

• Thread starter Pugwash69
  • 3 comments
England
England
I've had problems uploading my livery in the past and it seems to have resurfaced today. Has anyone else had problems? Is it likely to be just busy servers after the patch this morning?
It used to be with liveries with high decal count, but the one I'm doing today is about 20 decals at most.

I've been experimenting again this morning and the issue seems to be the number of decals. It surprises me they don't handle this properly. They apparently allow for so many layers in the livery editor but you get a spinning circle for the upload followed by "Failed to create livery".
This is what I'm working on. I made the decals and they uploaded fine. It's not the most complex design either with 47 decals in total.

Edited to add: I removed the red/white swirls and a few simple decals (about 20 in total) and it saves fine. I was worried that the graduated fill of the main decal was causing the problem.

Attachments

• weetabix.jpg
    weetabix.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Decal count has never made any difference to me to being able to upload a livery - and judging by some of the liveries out there, decal count is unlikely to actually be something they're not handling properly.

I was experiencing repeated problems not long after the games the launch, no liveries would upload at all - didn't matter if it was a single decal livery or something with 100's.

One day, I plugged my PS4 into my router with a network cable and I've had 100% success since literally that moment.

It's not that my internet was bad, it is well above average for the UK, however the game seems very sensitive to the speed the PS4 is connected at. My typical upspeed is about 17mbps, for some reason - over wi-fi, the PS4 was well down in the kpbs range - using a wired connection fixed that - and that fixed my upload issues immediately.

I've always been wired. I've made liveries with way more decals in the past and had to try about 20 times to upload. I only recently discovered that sometimes when it says it's failed, it's actually worked and I can apply it and share it. I also had to delete a lot of duplicate liveries in My Library!

Latest Posts

Back