Problems using DLC (car packs) on second console

  • Thread starter Thread starter mef
  • 7 comments
  • 1,101 views

mef

Messages
410
Antarctica
Antarctica
Has anybody been able to do this?

The retailer that sold me my GT6 Anniv. Edition copy included

Precision Pack
Torque Pack

in the purchase. I have two Ps3's in the house. I entered the keys once and everything worked. However when I attempt to enter the keys on the second Ps3 in PSN store I get the message saying 'code has already been used'.

Then I tried getting the cars across to the second console by copying the GT6 save game (copy to PSN online storage, then copy back to 2nd console). That did not work either. GT6 boots up fine but in the garage the cars show up with an Exclamation mark in the car list. When I click the entry it says 'Error acessing rights - please re-download'

This DRM is just non-sense. They should at least make it easy to transfer the DLC to another console, if they want to lock it to one console.

Is there any solution to this?

P.S. Apologies if this is discussed in a different thread. I did search but did not find anything
 
Found the solution.

Had to re-download the car packs on the second console using
XMB -> PSN -> Account Management -> Transaction List -> Download list.

The remaining problems is the user on the second console is a different one. Its my GTP name. Unfortunately I registered the DLC using a different name. Is there any fix to fix this or some kind of family use like on GT5 DLC?
 
Did you use the same PSN account on both consoles? If you just grab the PSN from console 1, and log in on console 2, the packs should be in the download list on PSN Store.

EDIT: Tree'd by you OP
 
mef
Found the solution.

Had to re-download the car packs on the second console using
XMB -> PSN -> Account Management -> Transaction List -> Download list.

The remaining problems is the user on the second console is a different one. Its my GTP name. Unfortunately I registered the DLC using a different name. Is there any fix to fix this or some kind of family use like on GT5 DLC?

Well duh! off course you can use the code only once but they will be "always" in your download list.
 
mef
Found the solution.

Had to re-download the car packs on the second console using
XMB -> PSN -> Account Management -> Transaction List -> Download list.

The remaining problems is the user on the second console is a different one. Its my GTP name. Unfortunately I registered the DLC using a different name. Is there any fix to fix this or some kind of family use like on GT5 DLC?

Just re-create the PSN ID on the second console!

For example, console 1 your name is "mef", make that account on console 2. You can only share content if your using the same PSN ID, it's locked to it.
 
Is there any way to use the DLC cars on my GTP psn account?

Unfortunately I used the DLC codes on the psn account I share with my wife. So that is the problem
 
mef
Is there any way to use the DLC cars on my GTP psn account?

Unfortunately I used the DLC codes on the psn account I share with my wife. So that is the problem

If that account is on a ps3 with the dlc it should work fine.
 
Indeed, cars are visible on the GPT account also now after downloading again through download list on the other psn account.
Thanks for your help guys!
 
Back