Problems with ACC Early Access that are easy to solve if you only know how

• Thread starter Imari
  • 13 comments
Australia
Adelaide
Neomone
There's a few things about this first release that are potentially pretty frustrating if you don't know where to look.

Car won't go - Likely cause: the most simulationy assist setting also turns off auto engine start. The keys for manual engine start can be bound but it's not easy, best to just turn on the engine auto start for now.
Lights don't work - known bug, you can get them to work by turning off all visible opponent cars. Obviously this isn't ideal for racing, but if you want to see what night racing is like for now you can.
Disconnected, waiting for connection/leaderboards don't work - Kunos' are fiddling with their servers now. Not entirely sure what's happened, but the last I saw was that they'll be up and down for the next little while.
No FFB - Gain is automatically set to zero, for some reason. Turn it up to 100 or so.

I think that's all the ones I've run into for now. Others feel free to chip in with what you've learned, and we can make it a less frustrating experience for other players. Overall it's fun to play, but it's definitely an Early Access experience at the moment.

The Starter is bounded to the "S" Key however you just hear it turn over, but doesn't start... so I just kept it to auto start.

I had an issue with steering going the opposite direction I was actually turning. Make sure you don't have it set to inverted on the main settings page. If you go into advanced on steering, there's also the option to invert steering but it does nothing or at least did nothing for me.

Auto start 4 lyfe.
Nah man. I love flipping switches. :D

Some other things:

- MAKE SURE YOU SAVE YOUR CONFIG PROPERLY. Sorry for the screaming but several people including yours truly messed this up. You have to click upper right "Save" in the load/save window to move it to the center of the window, and then you can save. I did this wrong (loaded instead of saving, lol) at first and my gain was always reverted to 100, making the T500 clippy and useless.

- Pressing F2 several times will cycle between 1) help screen 2) no HUD) and 3) basic HUD
(three important hotkeys: move seat forward/bacwards: ctrl+up/down, move head up/down (height, not angle): shift+ctrl+up/down, fov incr/decr: ctrl+left/right)

- Ignition and starter can be added to control inputs (posted by Pankykapus on the official forums)
Here's a quick guide to adding the two missing inputs (ignition and starter) to your control inputs.
First of all, find and BACKUP your controls.json in Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Config
Open and add these two entries to the peripheral you want to assign the keys to:
{
"buttonIndex": 3,
"powIndex": -1,
"powValue": 0,

"instantActionCode": "IgnitionSequenceOn",
"bIsExtendedAction": false,
"extendedActionCode": "None",
"extendedTime": 1,
"pinkieInstanceActionCode": "None",
"pinkieExtendedActionCode": "None"
},
{
"buttonIndex": 6,
"powIndex": -1,
"powValue": 0,
"instantActionCode": "Starter",
"bIsExtendedAction": false,
"extendedActionCode": "None",
"extendedTime": 1,
"pinkieInstanceActionCode": "None",
"pinkieExtendedActionCode": "None"
},
Button index is an example, you have to use the appropriate key for your liking. Beware that syntax errors will reset the file so remember to BACKUP your old file first.

Last edited:
I'm not a smart man, so maybe you guys can help me with this... Aren't GT3 race cars all paddle shift dual clutch transmission, or paddle shift single clutch automatics (like the Aventador & Corvette Stingray). These cars don't have clutch foot pedals, do they? If so, why? I was surprised and didn't expect clutches to be an option if they're not in real GT3 cars.

I'm not a smart man, so maybe you guys can help me with this... Aren't GT3 race cars all paddle shift dual clutch transmission, or paddle shift single clutch automatics (like the Aventador & Corvette Stingray). These cars don't have clutch foot pedals, do they? If so, why? I was surprised and didn't expect clutches to be an option if they're not in real GT3 cars.

There are clutch pedals in gt3 cars. But they're not used for shifting. Just to engage drive like your own car.

That's how the amg is at least, should be same for all of them.

At least from my real world experience, some of the cars like the GTR use a clutch pedal to start and stop but for nothing else. Other cars like the Huracan or R8 use an auto-engaging clutch so there is no clutch pedal at all.

Window mode <> Full screen. F11

I have been wondering about the FOV in ACC. AC uses vFOV but I wonder if ACC uses hFOV instead. If so than my correct FOV should be 36.65° (37°).
Yesterday it wasn't possible to go below 30° and today it is changed to 20°.

Last edited:
Back