Problems with GT7 *Read OP*

• Thread starter Grimm6Jack
  • 2 comments

Grimm6Jack

(Banned)
Portugal
Setubal, Portugal
Grimm66Jack
So, I've played the game, finished all of the missions, all of the licenses and all of the café menus. So I can provide an input on how this game has been for me, and what it's strenghts and weaknesses are. However I only want to focus on the problems (some of them really big problems) the game has because we want those to be focused on and fixed.

1. Offline Content

-Don't get me wrong, the offline content of GT7 is by no means "bad". If we estimate the time it takes to complete everything in the game it takes about 100 hours for the average player to finish the game (not counting collecting all 420 cars and the Platinum trophy).
Certainly, 100 hours in a game is still a long time. We look at the average times to finish story based games like say God of War, The Witcher, etc, and it usually takes 50-60 hours to beat the game.
However, this is a racing game, focused on the more racing enthusiastic people who just want to play, to drive and to challenge themselves.
Compared to content like Gran Turismo 4 and Gran Turismo 5... Gran Turismo 7 is seriously lacking. In Gran Turismo 5 alone the average player would need easily over 1.000 hours to complete the game and you'd need about 300-400 or so in Gran Turismo 4 (a game with almost 20 years, back then games wouldn't last anywhere near the lenght of todays' games). We have about 10-11 championships only and most of them only have 2-3 races compared to 5-6 or even 10-15 that we had in GT4 and GT5 and you had dozens of championships in both games.
I'm sure PD will eventually add more championships and races for us to complete, but seriously, we buy a game at launch to have it fully fleshed out and not wait weeks or even months to get actual content that should've been in the game in the first place.

2. Online Races (Sport Mode)

-I think this has already been adressed by a lot of the community, even known youtubers, that a BoP (Balance of performance) system NEEDS to be present in at least 1 or 2 of the daily races Online.
Not everyone has the patience or skill to fine tune a car for several minutes if not hours to just get into a race and play, and not to mention that this creates a huge disparity in performance on track.
It's fine to have races that require the better/smarter players to tune their own cars and race with them. That's perfectly fine. What is not fine is to force everyone to do it.
If they have 3 online daily races, at least 1 of them should have BoP for those who just want to get in and play against other players.

3. Tedius Grind / Awful Rewards

-In my personal opinion, this is one of the biggest problems in GT7. The way you are rewarded for your efforts.
And for those who want to get all cars collected, you know you have easily 100 million (waaay more than this, I'm just being modest here) to spend to get them all.
As I said, I did pretty much the entire game already, with only a few circuit experiences to finish, and all of that has only earned me about 5 or 6 million. Yes, the ENTIRE GAME of events only rewards me that much.
What's left for me to do to get as much credits in the shortest amount of time possible?
Repeatedly do the same ~3 minute dirt track race that earns me 97.500 credits IF I don't have any incidents (65.000 with incidents) and considering the physics of the cars jumping (which will happen a lot on this dirt track race) are a complete mess, it's quite possible you have a ton of races done without the no incidents bonus.
To get 100 million credits following this method, you would have to waste ~51 hours doing this same crap race (it's what it is) over and over again. And again, this is the fastest method to get credits in Gran Turismo.
And the most expensive cars which will be about 6-7 or so of them will set you back over 10 million each at least and will be available only in the Legendary Car dealer, which means that you also have limited time to get those cars and you won't know when they will appear again.
You finish an "endurance" race of 30 minutes and get 5.000 for getting 1st place (one of the missions)...
And you can't even sell the cars you have, even when you have them duplicated.
You remember in Gran Turismo 4 where you had a championship (Touring Car Ch.) where winning all 5 races would net you about 150.000 credits and you would earn a CLK-GTR Race Car which you could sell for over 750.000? And the most expensive cars were only 4.5 million.
Or in GT5 where you had the 2x bonus for playing days in a row and your efforts were actually rewarded with huge sums of money in several championships and challenges?
GT7 has nothing like that. This is clearly forcing majority of the players to use their wallets to get those cars, and for me, anything that is related to microtransactions gets a huge negative point from me. This is almost as worse as the GTA Online grind.
At the very least let us have a propper race that is not in the dirt that gives us as much credits as the Fisherman's, or several races that give the same "good" reward so that we don't get bored doing the same all over again.
EDIT: I also forgot to mention here, the roulette rewards. Which are clearly rigged to give you the worst prize about 90% of the time when it should be a 1/5 for everything. Which yeah... clearly helps you with the grind.

4. Car Number Count

-Yeah, we always need more cars and this will forever have people complaining about. And PD has confirmed it will release more cars in the game just like it did with GT Sport.
But let's get a few things straight.
The game has 424 cars. Which at first glance may look quite good right?
But let's go more into it... At least 93 cars are FICTIONAL cars, needless to say that these cars have pretty much no fanbase and most people (vast majority in fact) want REAL LIFE cars in the game, cars that have fans and people want to experience them since they can't use them in real life.
This means that only 331 cars are based on real life models. Considering the fact we had just about that number of detailed cars in GT5-GT6 (detailed cars that were supposed to be "future proof" for future games and clearly were not) and that GT5 has been released 12 years ago, I find this number of cars to be really not that amazing for a game that has been known to have the most diverse and large number of cars from it's previous titles.
Not to mention the lack of "important" cars and cars that are from 2020+... Again, this is a 2022 game. It has to keep up with the times. The lack of 20's cars is just shocking.
PD really has to update this list a lot more. However, this also means that for us to experience these new cars that will be put into the game, we will need some content to play with them in the form of events or challenges. It would be quite pointless for a ton of people to have these cars after 100% finishing the game.

And that's all I have to say. I won't point out bugs or anything of the sort because PD has been known to fix most of those in a fast manner so I hope the existing ones will be fixed in the future.

Anything that I didn't mention here, is pretty much a positive of the game and overall I have been enjoying it, but the hype it created, it should've been a looooot more than what we currently have. I've played all of the main titles since GT1, of which I 100% completed all games from GT3 and above and this game has created more expectations than any other GT title.

Last edited:
There's no pleasing some people. I am confident if they remastered GT4 to look like GT7, you would be on here writing a good 4-5 paragraphs of 'problems'.

Every rational person is starting to get a bad taste in their mouth regarding the microtransaction pushing in the game. Once you wake up to it it's really hard to start enjoying the rest of the game.... :(

Back