Problems with the Americas Server Split...

United States
Boston, MA
littleregret265
I'm not quite sure how to explain this, but it's pretty simple, and I wanted to see if anyone else is having the same issue as I am.

I am in the North Americas region. Long story short, ever since GT Sport went from 3 Regions (EMEA, Americas, and Asia/Oceania) to 5; I've been having a lot of issues with my connection on Sport Mode. I will often get a 1 bar connection in races, with other drivers reporting a lot of lag from me, and when I do the in-game connection test, it says that one or more of the Parameters (almost always including Parameter 2) is below standard.
And for sake of context, I can and have been playing most other games on my PS4 with minimal amounts of lag at most.

All I want to know is this:
1. Is anyone else having this issue since the split?
2. What do the connection parameters mean/stand for? If I knew what they were I could at least have a better shot at diagnosing the problem.

To anyone who reads this and has something useful to offer, I thank you in advance. If it is a common issue, let's make it known so we can hopefully work on getting it fixed.

From memory its parameter 1 at the top of the pentagon that shows ping, being down on that would be the main cause of lag problems.
It should state your ping in millisecs at the bottom of the test results.
You can also use the ps4 browser to look up speedtest.net or similar, that will tell you what your console connection to the net is like which may be quite different to your connection to the gts server.

From memory its parameter 1 at the top of the pentagon that shows ping, being down on that would be the main cause of lag problems.
It should state your ping in millisecs at the bottom of the test results.
You can also use the ps4 browser to look up speedtest.net or similar, that will tell you what your console connection to the net is like which may be quite different to your connection to the gts server.
My in game ping used to be around 80 with consistent 4 bars on track. I'm now getting around 100, which is obviously not great, but not terrible. Good enough for 3 bars if I'm not having the issue, but normally when I stay in a match for more than ~2 minutes, it drops to 1 bar (though everyone else's connection looks fine and stable to me, idk). After that, all 5 parameters are marked as sub-standard, but my ping stays in the 100-110s. I'll have to check the speedtest numbers though.

I'm almost 100% sure PD changed the american servers location after dividing the americas. Having it on the east side was primary for people on the south america to have decent ping. Not having to worry about these people anymore, they most likely changed the servers location. I say that because when we were in the same region, my ping would fluctuate between 105-120ms and now when I do the test in my american account, i get almost 150ms.

So probably what happened was, with this change, youre further away from the server, therefore, have higher ping.

i‘m from china,there is many gts player have same isuue like you,we use a machine (seem like a router)Bypassing broken network nodes,it’s useful,Maybe your country has similar products。

Thank you guys so much for the info and insight.

I do need to do some configuring on my router to get the optimal online experience, but it’s just annoying that my ping seems to just fall through the floor randomly in lobbies on this game only. But it makes enough sense, and I can’t complain until I do everything in my power. I’ll start with putting my PS4 on the router’s DMZ and/or trying to keep all relevant ports open where possible.

Last edited:
Back