Problems with top speed through acceleration? No more!

When you fully tune a car there is a chance that its top speed sucks, this is due to acceleration, it keeps you from reaching higher top speeds. :scared: But I have a solution, go to the car setup menu you see before a Simulation Mode race or Free Run mode on the menu, select it, go to the setup with the GREEN lines, select the one with those GREEN lines. Go to the gauge that is labeled with two numbers, set it to its highest possible, confirm this setting, go back to the menu, test the car and there should be chance that the top speed is extended. Even though it slows down acceleration, the top speed makes up for that. 💡
Use Search feature of this forum:
Type in words "Tranny Trick"
Follow advice contained therein.

I brought this up and I will stand by my brother, unlike some people.

As for you Famine, try NOT to start a fight with my brother.

The pair of you need to stop relying on the shift key. And try not to start a fight with moderators - since that can only really end in one way.

I am not acquantainced with the "Tranny Trick". Thank you for your help, Gil ;)

I'm afraid Famine is completely right, BCS and DarthBowser_801. You had better stop right here if you don't want to get banned. You have started with the wrong foot in this forum, as many others have before you, including myself. Let's not finish this the wrong way, okay? :)

Sorry Famine, sometimes I get somewhat touchy, I'll try to be more careful in the future.

I guess I took it too far, and I'm sorry to anyone who felt insulted by my words, please forgive my previous actions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry Famine, sometimes I get somewhat touchy, I'll try to be more careful in the future.

I guess I took it too far, and I'm sorry to anyone who felt insulted by my words, please forgive my previous actions.

I've merged your two posts together and would like to take the time to say thanks for the apology.

I would also however add that I can assure you that neither you or your brother are now 'unknown' here at GT Planet. However the manner in which you are know to the staff is not a good start, please ensure that your behaviour improves significantly in future or that future will be short.

Regards

Scaff

I am not acquantainced with the "Tranny Trick". Thank you for your help, Gil ;) :)
NO problemo.
Note that I haven't seen GT5P but this trick works pretty well in both GT3 and GT4 for optimising acceleration in relation to top speed.

Yeah! I know the same trick works on GT4 as well. I saw that on Youtube and I did it to my Vette (again).:sly:

Oh, I don't get mad too easily. DarthBowser_801 gets mad pretty easily but I keep my cool (mostly). Please note the fact that I haven't been here in a while. GT4 is so cool it's been keeping me from this awsome site!:nervous:

Back