Prodrive made a modern day Subaru Impreza 22B

United States
Florida
GranTurismo0517
RandomCarGuy17
So, Prodrive created a modern day version of the Subaru Impreza 22B STI called the P25. Peter Stevens, the designer of the late 90s Impreza WRC designed this modern take on the 22B.

I would describe the specs and info about the car, but since official news sources already did that, I'll just quote it:

Performance is a major step up on the 22B, as you may have guessed. Power comes from a Subaru turbocharged 2.5-liter flat-4 that has been completely reworked by Prodrive, receiving new internals, a Garrett motorsports-spec turbocharger, high-flow intake and intercooler systems, and an Akrapovic exhaust. The engine delivers over 400 hp and sends power to all four wheels via a 6-speed sequential transmission. The 22B featured a turbocharged 2.2-liter flat-4 and 5-speed manual. While it was officially rated at 276 hp, the real output was closer to 300 hp.

The P25 also has a WRC-style launch control system, which combines a fly-by-wire throttle and clutch in the floor mounted pedal box to automatically take the car through first, second and third gear to achieve lightning acceleration from standstill without any driver intervention. Prodrive estimates a 0-60 mph time of less than 3.5 seconds for its P25.

The suspension features MacPherson struts with aluminium uprights that can be tuned for camber. There are also Bilstein dampers that are adjustable for compression and rebound, while the springs and anti-roll bars also feature their own specific tuning. Completing the mechanical package is an adjustable active center differential, as well as limited-slip differentials front and rear, and AP Racing brakes. Extensive use of carbon-fiber and other composite materials means the car weighs less than 2,645 pounds.

The price tag for a P25 is set at 460,000 British pounds (approximately $563,000).

“The original 22B Impreza is considered the most iconic of Subarus and highly sought after,” David Richards, Prodrive's chairman, said in a statement. “We wanted to enhance everything that made that car so special by applying the very latest technology to create our own modern interpretation of a car that’s established a place in motoring history.”

Source: https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1135986_prodrive-p25-modern-subaru-impreza-22b-sti-revealed

1655954345755.png

1655954361110.png

EDIT: Concept image I saw on Motortrend:
1655954936938.png

Source: https://www.motortrend.com/news/prodrive-p25-restomod-subaru-impreza-22b-sti/

Personally, I'm a bit estatic for this existing. I never thought I would see a modern version of the 22B, but Prodrive went and did just that. It looks pretty much like the original. Though I personally would be happy to see a normal, modern day GC8 Impreza STI as that's become my favorite Impreza WRX & STI generation. Which is ironically the only generation of either that my country never got. Kinda sad that they're only making 25 of them and they're priced at the UK equivalent of $563k.

Last edited:
Back