Profanity Filter

• Thread starter TexRex
  • 4 comments
United States
a baby, candy, it's like taking.
TexRex72
I swear. I respect the site's position on profanity being visible to the public and I make no deliberate effort to bypass the filter. Having said that, I just ran a search to find a particular post of mine and the results showed uncensored profanity that appears censored in the actual post.

I'm more than willing to provide the parameters to reproduce this result so that it can be observed and potentially remedied, but I'm going to hold off in case it's preferable to not do so in the forum proper. I'm also more than willing to make an effort to self-censor if that's what's asked of me, in the event that this issue can't be remedied or simply because it's what's asked of me.

I swear. I respect the site's position on profanity being visible to the public and I make no deliberate effort to bypass the filter. Having said that, I just ran a search to find a particular post of mine and the results showed uncensored profanity that appears censored in the actual post.

I'm more than willing to provide the parameters to reproduce this result so that it can be observed and potentially remedied, but I'm going to hold off in case it's preferable to not do so in the forum proper. I'm also more than willing to make an effort to self-censor if that's what's asked of me, in the event that this issue can't be remedied or simply because it's what's asked of me.
I noticed this way, way, way back in the early days of Threadloom - I figured it was me being an admin being able to see the unfiltered terms in the search results (of my own posts too... oops), but it turns out it's just a thing it does :lol:

For now, I wouldn't worry about it. If you get in trouble, cite the potty-mouthed site admin :D

No, that's not something you need to worry about.

The profanity is indexed and displayed by the search engine because it doesn't sync with our profanity filter. That's a software limitation. It's not something we would ever discipline a member over and it would never be considered an attempt to bypass the filter.

This is the most wholesome thing I've seen in quite some time.

Real talk, though, thank you so much @Jordan for the censored emoji (and GTP as a whole). I generally write in the same manner as I speak, so I'm pretty sure that emoji has stopped me from being disciplined and/or banned on quite a few occasions. :lol:

Last edited:
Back