update: we released an album.

it can be downloaded for free:

https://chuvaemmarte.bandcamp.com/album/marte

6nb3dyh.png

we're from Curitiba, Brazil.
any news, I'll probably post it here.

thanks.

Last edited:
....Hey, not bad. I think the drums were a bit over the top and got distracting here and there, and the solo could have been bit cleaner, but enjoyed the switch of the tempo for the chorus.
I don't speak Portuguese so my apologies - didn't understand a thing you said. Pretty decent, I'd say.
Keep it up, dude!!

Impressive for a trio! I did enjoy the dirty sound, especially from your bass.
Keep it up, the world needs more progressive music!

....Hey, not bad. I think the drums were a bit over the top and got distracting here and there, and the solo could have been bit cleaner, but enjoyed the switch of the tempo for the chorus.
I don't speak Portuguese so my apologies - didn't understand a thing you said. Pretty decent, I'd say.
Keep it up, dude!!

thanks man. :D

the title Luz se Fez is two puns in one, lol.
in portuguese it sounds like Lucifer, but i don't really know how i could translate it.
translating it literally, would make no sense... but it is something along the lines of "and There Was Light".
since Lucifer is the bringer of light, the morning star, son of the dawn, it's appropriate.
and the song is basically about Lucifer questioning God, his inner struggles when he thinks about deserting heaven, abandoning his brothers and finally gets to the conclusion that is better to accept his fate than ask for forgiveness, knowing he is right.

it basically glorifies Lucifer in a poetic kind of way. lol

I tried to translate the lyrics, but some parts are a little off, not in their meaning, but in the way it's said.

Estrela da Alvorada............................Morning Star
Luz na Escuridão...............................Light in the Darkness
A quem a onipotência.........................To whom the omnipotence
Não concede o dom da servidão...........Does not give the gift of servitude

Reinar.............................................Reign
Padecer..........................................Suffer
Apadecer ao sol................................Suffer in the sun
Padecer..........................................Suffer
Apadecer ao sol................................Suffer in the sun

Meu Jardim Secreto...........................My Secret Garden
Sinto muito em ter de lhe deixar...........I'm sorry I have to leave you
Adeus caros irmãos...........................Goodbye dear Brothers
Rafael, Miguel vou desertar.................Raphael, Michael, I'll desert

A crueldade lógica.............................The logic cruelty
Divíno dom da perdição.......................Divine gift of perdition
Está me enlouquecendo......................Is driving me crazy
Prefiro o chão a pedir perdão...............I prefer the ground than ask for forgiveness

Tive a minha chance...........................I had my chance
Prometeu rompeu o frio.......................Prometheus ruptured the cold
Iluminando a sala...............................Illuminating the room
Me mostrando apenas um lugar vazio.....Showing me only an empty place

Impressive for a trio! I did enjoy the dirty sound, especially from your bass.
Keep it up, the world needs more progressive music!

I'm actually the drummer, I forgot to say in the first post. :D
and the world needs a lot more prog music. :cheers:

thanks.

Progressive rock (that's a good sign), weird metal (also a good sign), and ugly people (even better. Ugly people focus on music, not perfectly floofy hair). :P

I'm usually more for the clean sound, personally. I won't say this is an exception, but I understand that there is a good underground fanbase for this heavy sound. Good playing for all of you (if I'm getting lost while listening, you've done good), the drums are very prominent, sometimes too prominent, but you always know they're there. A really solid sound for a three piece though. 👍

Though in my view at least, having lyrics that aren't in English can narrow your audience quite a bit. I mean, if a label or whatever was considering you but from America, I'd think that singing in your own language would be something that would make less likely to contact you. However, that is a viewpoint from me, so you should probably ignore it. I don't know, maybe even dump it in a hole and burn it. :P

Progressive rock (that's a good sign), weird metal (also a good sign), and ugly people (even better. Ugly people focus on music, not perfectly floofy hair). :P

ugly people is basically the essential spice for good music. :dopey:

I'm usually more for the clean sound, personally. I won't say this is an exception, but I understand that there is a good underground fanbase for this heavy sound. Good playing for all of you (if I'm getting lost while listening, you've done good), the drums are very prominent, sometimes too prominent, but you always know they're there. A really solid sound for a three piece though. 👍

wow, thanks man, I try to keep the drumming interesting. :D

Though in my view at least, having lyrics that aren't in English can narrow your audience quite a bit. I mean, if a label or whatever was considering you but from America, I'd think that singing in your own language would be something that would make less likely to contact you. However, that is a viewpoint from me, so you should probably ignore it. I don't know, maybe even dump it in a hole and burn it. :P

I understand what you're saying, and I agree to a certain extent, but...

you see, we never really thought about singing in english, I don't really mind singing in another language, but portuguese give us this wider range of expression. :D

and even though we can speak english quite decently (I think lol), we still don't have enough command of the language, we can't always phrase the verses the way we want, we still have that horrendous brazilian accent (just watch some Ayrton Senna interviews in english, you'll se what I mean lol), though, for singing, the accent wouldn't be so apparent.

but I see this changing, especially in the last decade, people are getting more insterested in bands singing in their native language, even in the metal scene, wich is know for its inflexibility, people are a lot more open to this.

Rammstein proved a couple of decades ago that, if your music is good, people won't mind that, it can even spark an interest in the language.

well, that's a long discussion (an awesome one), it could be an interesting thread.

thanks.

I understand what you're saying, and I agree to a certain extent, but...

you see, we never really thought about singing in english, I don't really mind singing in another language, but portuguese give us this wider range of expression. :D

and even though we can speak english quite decently (I think lol), we still don't have enough command of the language, we can't always phrase the verses the way we want, we still have that horrendous brazilian accent (just watch some Ayrton Senna interviews in english, you'll se what I mean lol), though, for singing, the accent wouldn't be so apparent.

but I see this changing, especially in the last decade, people are getting more insterested in bands singing in their native language, even in the metal scene, wich is know for its inflexibility, people are a lot more open to this.

Rammstein proved a couple of decades ago that, if your music is good, people won't mind that, it can even spark an interest in the language.

well, that's a long discussion (an awesome one), it could be an interesting thread.

thanks.

Good point, I forgot about Rammstein's success. And I guess that doing it in a way that makes the band function better is more important than doing something tedious that makes it all feel a bit long winded/unnatural. Good luck on recording. :D

And yeah, I thought I replied to this a week ago, turns out I never hit post. :lol:

Good point, I forgot about Rammstein's success. And I guess that doing it in a way that makes the band function better is more important than doing something tedious that makes it all feel a bit long winded/unnatural. Good luck on recording. :D

And yeah, I thought I replied to this a week ago, turns out I never hit post. :lol:

lol, I have some drafts lost around gtplanet.

but yeah, and there is this whole black metal scene, there's a lot more bands singing in norwegian, swedish.
and there's japan, people are quite receptive to japanese, in any genre.
and there's this korean thing, but they are already fading away... but people seemed interested in them... for a while... lol

and portuguese is beautiful, man, people should appreciate it. lol :dopey: :lol:

Latest Posts

Back