Project Cars 2 performance issues.PC 

Hungary
Hungary
I was playing PC2 on my computer, I tried to do some career races in the PWC GT Championship. I had no problem during qualifying, but during the race my frames were all over the place from 60fps to 10, the cars were teleporting sometimes (and my game skipped several frames) and my computer doesn't even registered some of my inputs. I did not experience anything like this with any other game (rarely with PC2 till this day, I could do custom races without any problem), I'm worried.

The race was set to night every time, but my settings are already on low in most of the options, because I want to keep that constant 60fps. I did Le Mans races before and my fps never went below 45.

I was playing PC2 on my computer, I tried to do some career races in the PWC GT Championship. I had no problem during qualifying, but during the race my frames were all over the place from 60fps to 10, the cars were teleporting sometimes (and my game skipped several frames) and my computer doesn't even registered some of my inputs. I did not experience anything like this with any other game (rarely with PC2 till this day, I could do custom races without any problem), I'm worried.

The race was set to night every time, but my settings are already on low in most of the options, because I want to keep that constant 60fps. I did Le Mans races before and my fps never went below 45.
It depends largely on the graphic card you have... and the processor and ram... and also on the programs you have running in the background...
You.may try minimizing graphic detail and other graphic perfomance aspects that affect the overall speed of the game...
I had to do this...

It depends largely on the graphic card you have... and the processor and ram... and also on the programs you have running in the background...
You.may try minimizing graphic detail and other graphic perfomance aspects that affect the overall speed of the game...
I had to do this...

You misunderstood me, I have 150 hours in the game and had no problem before. A program could cause it though, I played it yesterday and only had minor, usual problems with the game.

sounds more like your system was struggling to keep up with the physics. This is usually down to a thermal throttling situation. What's the spec of your system out of interest?

You misunderstood me, I have 150 hours in the game and had no problem before. A program could cause it though, I played it yesterday and only had minor, usual problems with the game.

I ve read about complains with several games getting slower after last windows 10 update...

sounds more like your system was struggling to keep up with the physics. This is usually down to a thermal throttling situation. What's the spec of your system out of interest?

Thermal throttling could be the case, caused by a program or virus running in the background or something with the Windows 10 update mentioned above.
I have a laptop with i5-6300HQ (4 physical core) processor and a GTX950m (4GB), I play the game on medium to low settings around 55-60fps fine with 16ish AI cars. Career races on the other hand usually have 31 AI cars, so that could cause some problems too.

Back