Project Cars 2 Project - Looking for your input

• Thread starter R9NALD9
  • 17 comments
South Africa
Johannesburg,South Africa
Xx_REDRUM_xX
Good day,

I'm currently working on a personal Project Cars 2 project.

It is a website which will serve as a setups database similar to the one that was available for Project Cars 1: http://projectcarssetups.eu
You'll be able to post setups, rate other setups, comment on setups etc. etc.

On top of it I would like to add a weather generator side to it which users will be able to use to generate weather for a custom race. The weather output will take season, average rainfall at the location etc. into consideration and will also allow users to adjust different settings influencing the weather forecast for their race.

I'm doing this on my own and with a wife and kids I'm trying my utmost to spend as much time on it as possible. I've got no idea of a ETA at this point.

What I'm looking for at the moment is people that used the car setups database for pcars 1 to give me some feedback of their experience. What did they like? What did they not like? etc.

Also is there a need for car setup database for Pcars2 at all? Are people keen on using it?

I'm not looking to make money out of it at all :)

Looking forward hearing all your thoughts and opinions.

This is sounding very promising! :)

I am very interested in a setup database, but I have no idea if the is demand as high as in pCars 1, because the setup download option was added.

A feature I was missing is a (mandatory) tag which shows the game version when the setup was uploaded (tag it with "patch 4" if it is uploaded now)

Please do it. I used to like posting setups to that site and it seemed pretty popular. Was the best place to go for tunes for pCARS1.

Great idea and I applaud you for taking it up.

I used to use the setup database for pCars 1 so would like to see something similar for the new game too.

It would be great if you could make it so that the setups mirror the way we see things in the garage.

Great idea and the best of luck with it. Features I liked in the previous site was the ability to easily compare a set up to the default/other set up and Jussi's built in suspension calculator.

I agree with the guy above that the comparison tool was really useful so would love to see that incorporated into whatever you do.

Great idea. I hope you have discussed this with your better half. The time required can be exhausting.

Have you talked with Jussi ? There is no need to reinvent the wheel. Maybe he can shed some light on what you can expect and what to be prepared for. Can we expect the use of his tuning calc? Agree with the above, the comparison option was a helpful benefit.

Wish you the best of luck with this project.

Definitely. I'd love to see a database for PC2 setups. I used the PC1 one and found it very useful.

What I liked was that it was easy to find the car. Whether through the brands or the category of car. I liked the ease to select a setup through the obvious graphic that slid into view when you clicked the View Setups button.

Cool thanks all! Where can I find this Jussi?

I'll definitely need his help as I've got no idea how they did the suspension calculator etc.

I'll probably put out a basic version first before adding the comparison etc. as taking down every single cars default setup is going to take ages.

Also I'll have to decide to use the stable, loose or both?

I'm sure the stable and loose setups only differ because of the placement of a few sliders, such as engine breaking, downforce and final drive. Might not be necessary to have both.

I was planning on loading up a loose setup and matching all the sliders to the stable one to see if they handle the same but haven't gotten round to it yet.

I'm sure the stable and loose setups only differ because of the placement of a few sliders, such as engine breaking, downforce and final drive. Might not be necessary to have both.

I was planning on loading up a loose setup and matching all the sliders to the stable one to see if they handle the same but haven't gotten round to it yet.

Great please let me know what your findings are :)

Also struggling with time at the moment. I've got all data loaded though (tracks, manufacturers and cars).

Small update:

Been talking to Jussi and he is going to take it up with the powers to be at SMS what information he can supply me with and what not. There is a good chance I won't be able to incorporate the calculator at all if they opt not to share information they regard as sensitive.

I'm also trying to find a way to get the default setups into my website. It is 112 fields per setup across 214 currently available cars means 2300+ fields I have to take down and enter back into my system...

Pity I can't get my hands on a spreadsheet with all the information so that I can just run an import.

Any ideas?

Small update:

Been talking to Jussi and he is going to take it up with the powers to be at SMS what information he can supply me with and what not. There is a good chance I won't be able to incorporate the calculator at all if they opt not to share information they regard as sensitive.

I'm also trying to find a way to get the default setups into my website. It is 112 fields per setup across 214 currently available cars means 2300+ fields I have to take down and enter back into my system...

Pity I can't get my hands on a spreadsheet with all the information so that I can just run an import.

Any ideas?
Yeah. I don't think there is resource like that. Good luck getting 2,300 fields.

I'm looking at create a google doc or finding some help on here or the official forum if anyone can help me adding every car's default setup to an excel spreadsheet?

From there I'll be able to easily add it to the system.

Do you guys think we must have the default, stable and loose setups for each car on the system. Might be overkill...I'm thinking just stable setup for each car.

Let me know what you guys think.

Back