Project Cars 2

• Thread starter RoadHog50
  • 19 comments
Australia
Australia
Hi Jordan and team,

I have Project Cars and Project Cars 2 installed thru Steam on my computer. I am able to play Project Cars with no problem, however with Project Cars 2, on startup the screen does not fit properly and I cannot access anything. I have tried re-sizing via the Nvidia control panel but no go. I am using a new Asus 42" OLED 4K monitor.

Any clues would be much appreciated thanks!

Cheers
Paul

Hi @RoadHog50 (Paul), welcome to GTPlanet.

Being a PlayStation Project Cars player I'm not able to help with your problem directly but I'm sure sure someone will be along who might have PC knowledge - although it's a bit quieter on this part of the forum these days.

I believe PC2 outputs at 1440p. I'd have thought your monitor would support that though.

Being a PlayStation Project Cars player I'm not able to help with your problem directly but I'm sure sure someone will be along who might have PC knowledge - although it's a bit quieter on this part of the forum these days.

I believe PC2 outputs at 1440p. I'd have thought your monitor would support that though.
Thanks IfAndOr for that information. It's got me beat as to why this is happening?

Paul

Hi Jordan and team,

I have Project Cars and Project Cars 2 installed thru Steam on my computer. I am able to play Project Cars with no problem, however with Project Cars 2, on startup the screen does not fit properly and I cannot access anything. I have tried re-sizing via the Nvidia control panel but no go. I am using a new Asus 42" OLED 4K monitor.

Any clues would be much appreciated thanks!

Cheers
Paul
Just thought I would post a screenshot of the intro screen for Project Cars 2 on my computer.
Thanks again.....Paul

Attachments

• Project Cars 2.jpg
    Project Cars 2.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 40
Tell me about it.....aint pretty!🤷‍♀️
Again not being a PC user, isn't there some sort of config/ini/ settings file that you can edit. It might have the incorrect information in it that's not been updated for your new screen. Or worse case deleting the file then PC2 will probably create a new one when it starts up.

Again not being a PC user, isn't there some sort of config/ini/ settings file that you can edit. It might have the incorrect information in it that's not been updated for your new screen. Or worse case deleting the file then PC2 will probably create a new one when it starts up.
Yeah I
Just thought I would post a screenshot of the intro screen for Project Cars 2 on my computer.
Thanks again.....Paul
Yeah I checked all the files in my PC2 directory. There is mostly DLL files and one FinalModeConfig which I won't even begin to understand or edit. It's a weird situation particularly since my Project Cars original works without tweaking anything.!!
Guess I'll see if anybody on here comes up with a solution...thanks again for your input mate.

Paul

I'm not a troubleshooting expert by any means, but I'd try getting the game to re-create its settings first. Always backup any files you're messing with of course, that way you can copy them back if something goes wrong.

PC2's settings and saves are in a Project Cars 2 folder in your Documents folder. It's not unheard of for issues to happen corrupting your controller profile or local settings which are in savegame/[long number that is your Steam ID]/project cars 2/profiles. Deleting those(or moving them somewhere else) causes the game to create new ones with defaults and has often fixed people's stubborn issues. I had to delete my controller settings myself to get my wheel working at one point.

For graphics issues I'd think it could be something wrong in the default.localsettings file, or perhaps in the very top level there are two xml files for graphicsconfig and triplescreensettings. I don't know for a fact those two would get rebuilt automatically but I wouldn't be surprised if they do. Like I said, just back them up somewhere else in case you still need them.

You can of course try verifying the game files through Steam, not sure that would touch any of the settings-related stuff though. There are still one or two people who hang out on the game's Steam discussion board that can be quite helpful. I've seen a number of people's issues resolved there. There's also the game's official forum at forum.projectcarsgame.com. It's closing at the end of the month though so if you want help there you should ask quickly.

If the game has never worked at all for you, it could mean something else is wrong too.

Last edited:
I'm not a troubleshooting expert by any means, but I'd try getting the game to re-create its settings first. Always backup any files you're messing with of course, that way you can copy them back if something goes wrong.

PC2's settings and saves are in a Project Cars 2 folder in your Documents folder. It's not unheard of for issues to happen corrupting your controller profile or local settings which are in savegame/[long number that is your Steam ID]/project cars 2/profiles. Deleting those(or moving them somewhere else) causes the game to create new ones with defaults and has often fixed people's stubborn issues. I had to delete my controller settings myself to get my wheel working at one point.

For graphics issues I'd think it could be something wrong in the default.localsettings file, or perhaps in the very top level there are two xml files for graphicsconfig and triplescreensettings. I don't know for a fact those two would get rebuilt automatically but I wouldn't be surprised if they do. Like I said, just back them up somewhere else in case you still need them.

You can of course try verifying the game files through Steam, not sure that would touch any of the settings-related stuff though. There are still one or two people who hang out on the game's Steam discussion board that can be quite helpful. I've seen a number of people's issues resolved there. There's also the game's official forum at forum.projectcarsgame.com. It's closing at the end of the month though so if you want help there you should ask quickly.

If the game has never worked at all for you, it could mean something else is wrong too.
Thanks Morgoth for that info. I'll have a look at those suggestions and see what happens...The game DID actually work fine when I was using a 34" Acer monitor prior to the one I have now!

1440P is the output on PS4 Pro in resolution mode. Nothing to do with PC. On PC Project Cars 2 will run at whatever resolution you select - I run it at 3840x2160 (UHD/4K). Resolution selected needs to be supported by the TV/Monitor of course.

Thanks Daz,
I appreciate your comments. My monitor is capable of running at native resolution 3840 x 2160 4K but for some unknown reason does not like Project Cars 2 even though I have no problems running the original Project Cars. I posted a screenshot on this site a while back which indicates the startup screen on PC2 does not center.

I'll keep diggin'.

Cheers
Paul

Yeah I tried that already greenlight but no such luck. Anyway the upshot of all that is I decided to buy a Dell Alienware 34" OLED monitor which works pretty good.....and PJ2 now works like it should.

Have fun RoadHog and let us know what you like the most compared to PC1. There is so much to PC2 that provides endless amounts of entertainment. Hope you purchased all the content.

I guess PC2 has obviously better graphics, but not that much better. Yeah PC2 is a great simulation and some of the mods just add that much more especially the retro racers. PC3 went backwards IMHO.

Hi Guys,

I've got another slight problem. PC2 runs just fine however I can only get 4 kinds of cars at startup which is kinda strange.
Probably out of the few times I have played, the total numbers of cars shows up maybe 2 or 3 times.
I did re-install however no luck!
Any clues would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• PC2.jpg
    PC2.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 13
Any clues would be greatly appreciated
You've got it set to show car classes I believe. Indycars in your example. On console pressing the R2 button switches between display modes which should then show all the cars. Not sure of the equivalent on PC.

Back