Project CARS 4: General Discussion Thread

United Kingdom
Southampton
RacingAtHome
Ian Bell has started talking about PCARS4 with tweets like the ones below. Expressing how they learned their lessons. Looks like it will be in a couple of years time around the 2022/2023 mark.

LiveLeaves.png

LiveTrack 4.png

Potential Timeframe of 2022/23.
Few Years.png

Full versions of the images:
LiveLeaves Image.jpg
Nordschleife Karussell.jpg

They've apparently learned their lesson and calling it PCARS4.
Untitled.png

Last edited:
Damn. Didn't think they'd be deleted so soon. Good thing this one still showed in my notifications.

Untitled.png

Looks like the tweets are still showing on his profile though so I got a few things. Will update OP.

Last edited:
So PC3 is not even 6months old and people already have to look forward to the next potential installment, I suppose it's getting more marketing for 4 than 3 got...

Surprised by that since 3 is the best physics, FFB and graphical title they've released according to those who can't wait to play 4

I'll be waiting for reviews from @Scaff and 2nd hand eBay copies

Last edited:
So PC3 is not even 6months old and people already have to look forward to the next potential installment, I suppose it's getting more marketing for 4 than 3 got...

Surprised by that since 3 is the best physics, FFB and graphical title they've released according to those who can't wait to play 4

I'll be waiting for reviews from @Scaff and 2nd hand eBay copies
With this news, the official forums are of course on fire with speculation and discussion....

PC Forums on fire.jpg

...oh no wait, it's just as dead as it's been for months, the echo chamber that it is never fails to disappoint.

With EA's ownership of Codemasters and Slightly Mad by that time, I believe Project CARS 4 will likely take influence off of NFS's cars and give it a large and diverse car list, almost Forza-style, while paying attention to their "simulation" aspect that has been gone from PCARS 3.

Its all empty talk from Bell until SMS can actually prove themselves properly to bring the series back to full sim standards. Priority focus must be put towards physics and AI to give a full on virtual motorsport experience. None of this fancy leaves aerodynamic wash nonsense.

Last edited:
A focus on intricately detailed and immaculately polished graphics, featuring individually simulated leaves, without appropriate care for the driving experience or other gameplay elements would put the game more in line with Gran Turismo and Forza Motorsport than the "Shift successor" PCARS3 turned out to be.

I love racing games and during the last 15 years I have been playing all released games. Of course I played PC1 and PC2 and I liked them. PC3 is different, is an arcade game, but this is not the problem, what I don't like in this version is how the game was structured. It looks like something done quickly without thinking the details of the events. Races are easy, time attacks are very difficult and seem to be made only for the best drivers. I am not Lewis Hamilton but not that bad either, but I never managed ton reach the first best time. When drive in the rain with a fast car it feels like running on soap, or oil if you prefer. I tried many times to
to play multiplayer mode but there are very few people waiting for the events, that means PC3 didn't like much. In the game showrooms cars cost much compared to game bonus, and you have to repeat the same events more times to get money.
Hope PC4 will be much much different from the current version. Sorry for my english if I made mistakes, but is not my first language.

Back