Project cars database page problem

• Thread starter giorgos21
  • 4 comments
Too much network traffic. From official forums:

Bad news guys - since the server upgrade and migration of the site, which happened recently, DomainDirect has also tightened up their policies. With the current plan we have 100gb of network traffic pr month. Turns out we have been abusing that every month since the site first came online, netting between 120 and 140gb of network traffic used every month. I haven't really been paying attention to this, because it hasn't had any consequence so far; but now they are enforcing this limit by shutting down domains that go past 100gb of network traffic. The site should be up again the 1st of june, but there isn't much I can do to get it back online in the meanwhile, except pay more, which, frankly, I'm not going to do. It costs enough as it is and, given that I have just bought a house and now have a mortgage to pay, have a kid on the way and am going to buy a car pretty soon... yeah, I won't be paying more for having the site hosted. What I am going to do, is have a look at the code and put the site on a diet. I will see what can be done to shrink it so as to minimise network traffic and keep us within the 100gb pr month. Unfortunately that won't matter one bit until the site is up again, but hopefully it will mean that going forward this won't be an issue. Not unless we get a sudden flood of new and unexpected users for whatever reason.

TL;DR - Site was taken down by hosting provider due to abuse of network traffic limitations. Will be put on a diet and will be back in 6 days.

Is this great page still up and running? http://projectcarssetups.eu
For some reason I cannot login. It seems the login process is in a kind of loop.

Retry for a live version
This page (http://projectcarssetups.eu/) is currently offline. However, because the site uses CloudFlare's Always Online™ technology you can continue to surf a snapshot of the site. We will keep checking in the background and, as soon as the site comes back, you will automatically be served the live version. Always Online™ is powered by CloudFlare | Hide this Alert

Also on the pcars forum site it is mentioned people have troubles to login.

Last edited:
Back