• Thread starter calvins48
  • 11 comments

calvins48

I'm not 48
Premium
United Kingdom
England
calvins48
Had a quick look but can't find anything regarding sanctioned events and races for Project CARS. Not offline against AI, but online versus those across the Globe.

Forgive me if I didn't see a thread already on this topic.

There are many sanctioned series, events and races for Gran Turismo. Naturally, the same structure should occur in this game! :)

Last edited:
Had a quick look but can't find anything regarding events and races for Project CARS.

Forgive me if I didn't see a thread already on this topic.

There are many sanctioned series, events and races for Gran Turismo. Naturally, the same structure should occur in this game! :)
Voila, at your service:cheers:

How many races do the top championships have? I hope they are real championships with many races, like in shift 2.

How many races do the top championships have? I hope they are real championships with many races, like in shift 2.
They will be long, full seasons, simulating a real racing season. You can adjust the length of practice/qualifying/race to whatever you prefer, along with difficulty and pretty much everything else relevant. If you want full, real time length of practice, qualifying and race expect it to take several hours to complete each race event and dozens of hours to complete a single season in one discipline. Hundreds of hours to complete a single career if you go full realism. Around 6:40 in the above video you can see a layout of the different disciplines and various series. Each one represents a full racing season. I also hope they will update the game regularly with different challenges and perhaps mini-seasons or maybe full on careers of different types as the game evolves.

Oh I know we'll be getting in-game championships against AI competitors, but I meant against real-world people.

Oh I know we'll be getting in-game championships against AI competitors, but I meant against real-world people.
We have no idea until the game is released and we see what happens.

Excellent. I am sick of the joke that is the career mode in games like GT and especially Forza with no real championships or "championships" comprised of a handful of races.
I spent about 4 hours just completing the 1 race weekend. most games i skip practise, but for some reason with pcars i spend those session refining my line and tuning.

With the way the offline weekends are structured, it would be safe to presume one could create an online weekend in a similar fashion.

Yes, we won't know until we play the final version, but just wanted to get the ball rolling a little more. :)

Yes, you can have a full race weekend online with practice, qualifying and IIRC even 2 races. Even if not, that is organized easily since you get taken back to the lobby after a race, so... For a 2 race weekend, the host just has to start the race again. 💡

Yes, you can have a full race weekend online with practice, qualifying and IIRC even 2 races. Even if not, that is organized easily since you get taken back to the lobby after a race, so... For a 2 race weekend, the host just has to start the race again. 💡

That's good to know! Can't wait for the inevitable races and series planned by GTPlanet and other groups!

Back