Project CARS for Microsoft Windows

• Thread starter Cosmos29
  • 14 comments
If I pre-order from Steam (only place I can see to order the pc version), do I need to dl it to the pc the game will run on or can I dl it to any pc and then transfer it to my gaming pc?

Thanks

It will need to be downloaded to your gaming PC, because part of the downloading of the game includes installation.

@Stones -- Unless PCARS is a special case, all you'd have to do is copy the directory in Steam\SteamApps\common\ to the target computer, then instruct Steam to download the game. It will discover the existing files and add it to your library. If there's DRM (WMD says there won't be?), you may have to delete the .exe before allowing Steam to check for the files, and it wouldn't hurt to let it verify everything (Properties -> Local Files -> Verify integrity of game cache).

Checked Gamestop online and they currently only carry the PS4 and XBONE versions. Which game shops are you referring to?
Most well stocked gaming webshops, including Gamestop in in Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Germany, etc.. It shouldn't be a problem finding it...

Just pre-ordered for Steam. Is it weird that I've never played the game, but my expectations are such that I pre-order it for PS4 and PC?

Jerome

Is it weird that I've never played the game, but my expectations are such that I pre-order it for PS4 and PC?

I know what you mean, if you like the game, you may have to decide wich version becomes your "home platform" and then end up getting the DLC just for your home platform.

I know what you mean, if you like the game, you may have to decide wich version becomes your "home platform" and then end up getting the DLC just for your home platform.

Yep. I'm torn, I really want to play with the liveries on PC. But all my friends are on PSN. I think the PC version will just be for livery editing, I think...?

Jerome

Back