Project CARS Multiplayer Annual Championship (PS4)

How Many Races Should There Be Per Season?

• Other (Please Post a Reply if so)

Results are only viewable after voting.
United States
United States
CaptainNuggets
(Yes i am aware of the series racing sign ups popping up everywhere, this is intended to be slightly different)

For those of you out there who may be interested in this, My "team" will be hosting an Annual Championship for any Teams and/or Groups to participate in. Everything so far isn't set in stone and could potentially change. The first Championship wont be held until next year but we will be hosting a smaller championship to test the waters on it and see what works best.

PCARS is allowing up to 16 human players online. So far the Idea is a minimum and maximum of 2. that leaves potentially 8 teams per season to compete. We aren't sure how quickly this will pick up or if it will pick up at all so again, these numbers may change.

The Championship will have a set of rules to be followed and CLEAN RACING will be mandatory.
Once PCARS is Released and we make sure everything is stable we will be posting about the smaller test championship.

This Idea will be happening no matter what between me and the people my team is associated with but the idea was we would open it up to the rest of the community and see if it sparks any interests. The championship is friendly and for fun. Winning team of each season will be kept logged and Will hold the Title for that year.

Scoring for the championship will be based off the INDYCAR scoring system with a few teaks.
all races will be scored:
Race Finish Points
Position
Pts Position Pts Position Pts
01- 50pt 09- 22pt
02- 40pt 10- 20pt
03- 35pt 11- 19pt
04- 32pt 12- 18pt
05- 30pt 13- 17pt
06- 28pt 14- 16pt
07- 26pt 15- 15pt
08- 24pt 16- 14pt
both scores will be added and that will give you the total at the end of that race, The last race of the season is worth double the points and at the end of the season, all the points for each team/group will be added up and the team/group with the highest amount of points will be the winning team/group.

If Anyone has and thoughts/ideas feel free post em.

Last edited:
I'm not going to be on PS4, but in my PS3 experience, I'm not a big fan of overly long championships. Unless you're with a group that's been together for some time and proven reliable, I think your best bet is to keep the championships short, like 6-8 races maximum. It helps maintain a high interest level and good attendance. Run a season or two like that and once you've built up a good, reliable network of drivers, then consider extending things longer. 16 races is way too long for a first season IMO.

I don't get the points system. Highest score subtracted from the lowest? So if I come first and my teammate comes second we score -10 points?

That means we score the same as if we came 5th and 10th right?

I don't get the points system. Highest score subtracted from the lowest? So if I come first and my teammate comes second we score -10 points?

Thats the way I read it also. The points should be added not subtracted.

Thats the way I read it also. The points should be added not subtracted.

It was the highest score of the race is subtracted by the lowest score, so if you come in first and score 50 and your team mate comes in second they score 40, your teams total for the race would be 10pts. But i guess adding can be done too.

i see what youre sayin, adding it is then.

I do like that you were trying something different 👍

Yea, Thanks 👍 i appreciate the input

Im watching this to see where it goes, best of luck fella, should be interesting :)

Well once i do the short test championship this fall youre more than welcome to participate. It's a friendly yet serious competition between the group i race with, but we are offering it to everyone as an opportunity for everyone to enjoy :gtpflag:

Back