• Thread starter torque99
  • 57 comments
Project CARS_20150729170101.jpg
https://flic.kr/p/wZyUee

Project CARS_20150729170551.jpg
https://flic.kr/p/wGpWV5

Project CARS_20150729170050.jpg
https://flic.kr/p/wYhrQS

Some PS4 shots with the Audi 90 IMSA GTO at Ruapuna Park.
Project CARS_20150901204237.jpg
Project CARS_20150901204228.jpg

The following shots are not strictly Interior shots as OP states. These are taken from the TV style Replay cam, going to photomode without pausing as I discussed with you last week. A fair bit of freedom is gained with some interesting shots possible. In these shots I had the camera positioned to allow the car to pass completely through the stationary camera. I also think @Nato_777 has discovered this too ;)
Unsure if this is a bug or intended feature as I can't recall it being documented anywhere 👍

MPSBWQZRS5AAAANVA_.jpg
MPSBWNZRS5AAAANVA_.jpg
MPSBW93RS5AAAANVA_.jpg
MPSBWTBRZA_AAANVA_.jpg
MPSBWH7QZA_AAANVA_.jpg
MPSBWJ6QZA_AAANVA_.jpg

Ok I got half way through the first page before I realised I was liking every post, so I'll stop spamming you guys with likes now haha. Great shots guys, no surprise from @torque99, I must have liked a fair amount of your DC pics too mate lol.

I like all of these, I just didn't want to spam you with likes since I only just came here for the first time just now. So my likes for the rest of them are assumed lol.

I haven't had a chance to get any decent photos of Pcars yet. I spend all the time the game's in my PS4 racing lol. I had a go at photo mode when it first came out, but hated it after DC's amazing photomode, with the eternal wait for sliders to go from one side to the other, and the limited options, and dodgy glitched band at the top of the pics I took. Has it improved significantly? If so I might start saving some replays to go through and get pics when I have some time.

Again awesome shots! Keep up the good work 👍

@Mike_grpA Thanks team mate :P- No need to spam and appreciated and I am sure from @gazelle and @Nato_777 too. 👍 In a word the photo mode hasn't changed apart from you can now move to the photo mode from a replay. The sliders and glitch at the top and the lack of further options as discussed are the reason I prefer DC and gone back mainly to that photomode edit: but there are still some good shots to be had with a bit of time!👍

Last edited:
I'll have to save a few replays, then one day when I have a year or two to move those sliders around I'll get some pics. We were so spoilt by DC and how amazing the photomode is in that. It takes no time at all to get amazing shots in that game. I really wish Evo would add Fanatec support to DC. It's great with the controller, but I'm just loving the new wheel so much that it's taking up all my (limited) gaming time. I guess once the novelty wears off I'll be able to show some more love to DC. No doubt Evo will entice me back with more great content.

Project CARS photomode is a real let down compared to the competition, I mostly just race in pCARS and rarely bother to take photos mostly because the camera positioning options are so limited. It frustrates the hell out of me not being able to get any interesting composition. When I do take shots I normally just leave the sliders alone - after playing around with them a bit I found they generally don't make enough difference to warrant the time spent adjusting them.
I really hope SMS revisit the photomode and make significant improvements sometime in the future.

Project CARS photomode is a real let down compared to the competition, I mostly just race in pCARS and rarely bother to take photos mostly because the camera positioning options are so limited. It frustrates the hell out of me not being able to get any interesting composition. When I do take shots I normally just leave the sliders alone - after playing around with them a bit I found they generally don't make enough difference to warrant the time spent adjusting them.
I really hope SMS revisit the photomode and make significant improvements sometime in the future.

If the sliders don't make much difference it'll at least cut 23 &1/2 hours off the required time for me to get a photo or two, so I might just leave them alone too :lol:

On a more serious note, I totally agree with the camera placement. What were they thinking? :yuck:

@Nato_777 The sliders don't make a difference until you get them both down, the only problem is it doesn't give you an option to save the settings (or on DC for some reason!) once you have set it up right and have to do it all again for a new car, takes hours as you say and I give up too.

Last edited:
Yeah, I discovered the in's and out's of the sliders on my pc (with pCARS 2) and found the extent you need to move the sliders for results is too much to be bothered with on PS4 when I can achieve the same result in seconds in Photoshop later. ;)

@gazelle Thanks Ken appreciated :) Great pics above^^ . I must admit my photomode spare time is on DriveClub at the moment and I haven't really been on Pcars/NFS photos. I am glad you are enjoying the wheel, I am with my T300 it transforms each game...:) And hope you had a nice Christmas or Happy Holidays? :)

Last edited:
@gazelle Thanks Ken appreciated :) Great pics above^^ . I must admit my photomode spare time is on DriveClub at the moment and I haven't really been on Pcars/NFS photos. I am glad you are enjoying the wheel, I am with my T300 it transforms each game...:) And hope you had a nice Christmas or Happy Holidays? :)
Yes a good Christmas here Craig and for you too I hope?
The wheel (G29 here) really does add to the game. All I've done since getting it is hot lapping to try and break myself in gently. Time to resume career soon I think. I have a good 6 or so replays waiting patiently but they just don't seem to be getting a look in lately lol. Take it easy mate 👍

Back