Project Cars W/Oculus rift?

Australia
Where i'm at
xmalcolmpowderx
Hi all,

I have just put my order down for a DK2, it should arrive sometime in september. I have the early access to assetto corsa, and have checked out some feedback in regards to that.

Just wanting to know if anyone here has experienced P Cars with the Rift at all, and if so, what is it like?

Cheers

Hi all,

I have just put my order down for a DK2, it should arrive sometime in september. I have the early access to assetto corsa, and have checked out some feedback in regards to that.

Just wanting to know if anyone here has experienced P Cars with the Rift at all, and if so, what is it like?

Cheers

Hmm sure you get it in September? Here in Germany people who ordered on March/April say they will get it in September.

I know the website says September but I am not sure if they can hold that.

Having only just ordered a new PC, I was starting to get carried away with the possibilities and options a PC has and have been looking to buy another two 40 inch LED TV's to create a triple screen setup.

But after watching all the Occulus Rift videos, especially the latest OR with pCARS videos, and also the news that the consumer version will be wireless and released in May 2015...I'm going to wait!

This VR headset really looks amazing, can you imagine what we will be playing, simulating, seeing and feeling in a few years time...I've read that the Japanese have already made the 'virtual girlfriend' to go with the Rift!

Can't wait to try his with DCS Word in an F15C, dogfighting at 20,000 feet!

But after watching all the Occulus Rift videos, especially the latest OR with pCARS videos, and also the news that the consumer version will be wireless and released in May 2015...I'm going to wait!

Where did you get that from? kdramastars.com doesn't count

I just googled 'Occulus Rift release date' and found the info in the first few links.

There are a few articles stating that the OR will more than likely be wireless, and released in May 2015...

Hopefully it will be both wireless and wired, they know the downsides to wireless as much(no doubt more) than us. I have held back from triple screens waiting for this, just hoping I don't get motion sickness.

It's possible the wireless could be quicker than your TV. The Wii U gamepad uses a tweaked WiFi protocol and almost keeps up with my CRT TV; Nintendo boasts that it's faster than HDTVs. Just food for thought.

For the release of Occulus rift the official site names the follwing specs as recommended: i5 processor, gtx 970 and 8 gb DDR.
My built is i7 gtx 960 4ggb, 16gb DDR. You think it will work with project cars /OR?

The specs they provide is for the Oculus Store games. They will guarantee that the games Oculus sells will run correctly with that spec. They don't mention anything about games not on their store or games that have already been released. Project cars is a pretty demanding game as it is. I have 780ti and I think I'll have a hard time running pCARS with OR, probably will need to drop the settings way down to get 90 fps. You have a 960. That's not going to cut it, I think. Maybe on the lowest settings, but doubtful it will be smooth. If you have a chance to try pCARS on triple screen setup, and if you can maintain 60 fps on that, from what I understand it will be equivalent to the OR.

The specs they provide is for the Oculus Store games. They will guarantee that the games Oculus sells will run correctly with that spec. They don't mention anything about games not on their store or games that have already been released. Project cars is a pretty demanding game as it is. I have 780ti and I think I'll have a hard time running pCARS with OR, probably will need to drop the settings way down to get 90 fps. You have a 960. That's not going to cut it, I think. Maybe on the lowest settings, but doubtful it will be smooth. If you have a chance to try pCARS on triple screen setup, and if you can maintain 60 fps on that, from what I understand it will be equivalent to the OR.
Thanks it would have surprised me if it would have worked ;)

Back