Project cars XBOX game save bug conspiracy

United States
United States
BEWARE!!! XBOX One version of project cars has a game save bug that basically wipes out your tunes and single player progress at random! This has been happening since patch 2.0 and has not addressed by Slightly Mad Studio's.

SMS Studios are going to great
lengths to hide this from potential customers by removing topics and banning members from talking about this.

This is the main reason why Pcars has died on XBOX.
SMS are taking the XBOX players money and will not fix this GAMEBREAKING GAMESAVE CORRUPTION BUG!

Spread the word my brothers!!!

I will be posting this same info on as many project cars forums across the web as I can. Also in other languages through Google translate every day until SMS tell us customers what is being done about this.

Why are you ignoring us SMS? I can't help but want to expose this to the world the more I see efforts to keep this hush hush.

Please help me spread the word if they will not hear me, maybe they will hear the community?

I've always been of the opinion that for me personally, the loss of my single player
progress is no more than a very mild irritation

this is due to the fact that there are no unlockables in the game that you have put
many hours into gaining, only to see it wiped out

that said, I do fully agree that SMS need to get their act together and sort this bug

So I decides to put my tuning skills on the limit, and decided to try and tune every car for every track, months into the massive undertaking (which was paying MASSIVE dividends online) my wheel settings and whole track tunes were gone!!!!

Wiped all and started again (like a fool) and it happened again!!!

This is so unsat, its like having to deal with a turd stain in the toilet bowl!!! It just shouldn't happen!

BEWARE!!! XBOX One version of project cars has a game save bug that basically wipes out your tunes and single player progress at random! This has been happening since patch 2.0 and has not addressed by Slightly Mad Studio's.

lengths to hide this from potential customers by removing topics and banning members from talking about this.

SMS are taking the XBOX players money and will not fix this GAMEBREAKING GAMESAVE CORRUPTION BUG!

I will be posting this same info on as many project cars forums across the web as I can. Also in other languages through Google translate every day until SMS tell us customers what is being done about this.

Why are you ignoring us SMS? I can't help but want to expose this to the world the more I see efforts to keep this hush hush.

Please help me spread the word if they will not hear me, maybe they will hear the community?
I've had a save bug on PS4 with the latest DLC but instead of ranting about it I went to the official forum with some constructive posts, was contacted by Bruno from QA, sent him a copy of my profile and he said the info was helpful and they've got a potential fix in place for the next patch. He also said it was similar to the Xbox save bugs so perhaps that'll get some love too.

It sucks if your game is broken for sure, but hopefully it'll get fixed soon. I was told it was hard to replicate my save issue which is why he wanted my data. Go post wherever you like, I'm sure it will help loads.

I've had a save bug on PS4 with the latest DLC but instead of ranting about it I went to the official forum with some constructive posts, was contacted by Bruno from QA, sent him a copy of my profile and he said the info was helpful and they've got a potential fix in place for the next patch. He also said it was similar to the Xbox save bugs so perhaps that'll get some love too.

It sucks if your game is broken for sure, but hopefully it'll get fixed soon. I was told it was hard to replicate my save issue which is why he wanted my data. Go post wherever you like, I'm sure it will help loads.

By which patch do you mean? Patch 8.0?

By which patch do you mean? Patch 8.0?
Yeah. Not saying it'll definitely happen, but Bruno said that unless they find some problems with whatever solution they're working on (more than likely lol) it'll roll out possibly patch 8.0 but we may have to wait several weeks for it.

EDIT: some quotes from him:

"Thank you, got it now. It's been a pain to try and get this to happen so, hopefully, using your savegame will provide us with the necessary info to figure it out."

AND:

"Hi there,

Thanks to you we now have a potential fix under testing. It will come hopefully on Patch 8.0 if nothing wrong is detected with it.

Thank you for your support."

cleardot.gif

Wow, that sure is a different experience from the fire, brimstone, and ban hammer I've seen and experienced in the official forums.

And I'm the guy who wrote them an open freaking love letter!!!!

But, maybe you should repost that over there to maybe appease the masses?

Wow, that sure is a different experience from the fire, brimstone, and ban hammer I've seen and experienced in the official forums.

And I'm the guy who wrote them an open freaking love letter!!!!

But, maybe you should repost that over there to maybe appease the masses?
This is the thread from the official forums. Been buried in page 5 now though:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...-loading-them-at-Rouen-or-Silverstone-Classic

Bruno contacted me via private message in the end though.

And I know it's not exactly the same issue you guys have on Xbox, but Bruno said it was similar so hopefully it'll help you out in the end.

Last edited:

Easily the worst thing to happen to this game, fix it SMS. I have been playing this game since day one, and three days ago my save becomes "corrupt" somehow. So not only have i lost my career on/offline. 400 races+ 150+poles, all my controller settings, also every car set up. This total b s, as the cloud save was nothing more than a torment. Fix it please??!! If this b s happens on P.CARS2, im done. So disappointed to say the least

Back