Proof??? of body kits (pics included)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Wads
  • 36 comments
  • 2,671 views
JohnBM01
Don't think that I'm trying to kiss ass, but I agree with Eagle. I wonder if someone will come up with a thread like this talking about differences between a 1969 Camaro and a Yenko Camaro from the same decade. I'm not attacking this thread, but you have heard of the chances of tuner cars into GT4, right? Because one car gets a mod look to it doesn't mean you can't jazz up a Type-R Civic to have a high-downforce GT wing, a carbon-fiber hood, and that signature "race car" look. Now don't get me wrong. I have respect for tuner cars and modded cars, everything from Altezza-style tail lights (like on the Trial Celica, in a way), and stuff like that, but I just do not think that you can jazz up your car to be like the Trial Celica or the 350Z S-Tune (or whatever it's called).

Thanks mate...... the thread is closed...... somebody kindly pointed out that the S2000 with the carbon lip was simply the Amuse version...... thats good enough for me.

I have been around the GT forums since they first appeared so I don't post a new thread unless I really think there is something to discuss or point out..... I always search before hand as I know the crap that some of the other long timers can throw if you are unlucky enough to bring up an old discussion.

I only open a new thread if I feel theres something to point out...... eg. back last year I came across some nice new pictures of GT4 in EVO magazine..... I didn't realise they were the first real pictures of GT4 but I scanned them and posted them on the old GT forum anyway thinking that somebody may be interested....... you may remember them as they caused a bit of a stir on the internet 💡
 
uh, sorry to tell ya this bud, only Mods and Admins can close a thread
 
Wads
eg. back last year I came across some nice new pictures of GT4 in EVO magazine..... I didn't realise they were the first real pictures of GT4 but I scanned them and posted them on the old GT forum anyway thinking that somebody may be interested....... you may remember them as they caused a bit of a stir on the internet 💡

Yes I remeber that. Like you pointed out in another thread thats where I got that scanned pic from.


incubusnb
uh, sorry to tell ya this bud, only Mods and Admins can close a thread

Sorry to tell you, If he made the thread he can close it.
 
I doubt body kits will be included
I remember PD saying that it would be like making whole bodies of totally different cars if they were to make a wide range of kits. That would take way too much time (or memory and resources out of the PS2 )
 
WhiteSW20
I doubt body kits will be included
I remember PD saying that it would be like making whole bodies of totally different cars if they were to make a wide range of kits. That would take way too much time (or memory and resources out of the PS2 )

Technically, it won't take any resource of the PS2 hardware or memory, that's just another texture ( for the body painting and decals ) and vertices list ( for the aerodynamic parts ) to load from the DVD.
So it's more like a DVd space problem.
So, how much full is the GT4 DVD ? that's the question.
 
Only body kits I wanna see is the ones when you get a race mod for your car anything more would be like NFSU.
 
This is much easier in games like Tokyo Xtreme Racers Zero and 3. Almost every car (excluding customs) can get different body parts on cars. The thing about TXR3 from TXR0 is that you can choose almost any body part type for a car that has kits available, and weight won't really be affected until you choose between FRP, Urethane, and Dry Carbon (the lightest, but the most expensive. Plus, you can choose if you wanted it painted or unpainted. Unpainted makes the body part slightly lighter).

But since I don't think bodykits won't happen for almost ANY car, I at least want a capability that allows you to carbonize your entire car to make it much lighter and more durable (not just the hood, tuners), It would be interesting to pick your own parts to aid downforce. This would be especially for cars that don't have racing modifications. For GT2 players, remember the "Concept Car" from Dodge, and the car didn't look much different in its LM Edition except for the gray color and a rear wing, and a mid/rear drivetrain? Body kits won't happen, but if the "Tuning Village" has its way, we may not know what to expect.

So let me ask a certain question. If you can't have bodykits, would you want to add electronics to your car as well as changing the steering wheel? To make things easier to explain, imagine having a dull steering wheel, then replacing it with a functional steering wheel like in Formula One, LMP, or touring cars? You may not notice them, but it could be a nice step in making a car purely for racing.
 
Back