Proof the UCD is NOT random...

  • Thread starter Thread starter kdryan
  • 18 comments
  • 3,551 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
540
United States
Planet Earth
Messages
kdryan2
Ok, so I wanted to try out a Mercedes, but didn't want to risk almost $800k on a car that I wasn't sure of. So I backed up my save, went and bought the Mercedes, tricked it out to the max, and found out my suspicions were correct. It was a piece of crap. Nice top end (247 mph), but cornered like a freight train.

But while I was doing this, I checked out the UCD to see what was there. I found a Mitsubishi Eclipse and remembered the recent thread that said there wasn't one in the game. I know I couldn't keep it anyway, so I passed, quit the game, and restored my save to the previous one.

I went and did a race and came back to the UCD to find the SAME six cars, including the Eclipse, available for purchase. Needless to say, I bought the Eclipse. So it's NOT random. I can see the Eclipse being there by coincidence, but not all six cars being the same.

Kevin
 
There must be an order that they appear, like in GT4.
 
I spent about 90 Minutes refreshing for the 2J
 
See: Famine.
 
Who cares, none of the cars are premium. Standard cars suck.
 
I don't like the standard cars either and its not because of no interior. I dont use that view much. Id prefer the game only had premium cars but I suspect the memory or graphics engine could not handle 12 premium cars at the same time so there had to be cheap models for the sake of numbers and fps.

Go do a race with heavy rain etc. Look at the standard cars when you pass them or when Bob passes them. they look like cardboard box cars. Maybe the bad weather makes them look worse than the usual ugliness. I do enduros alot so I notice it all hte time. Especially when they are damaged they look like paper mache cars. Look at the great Toyota GT1 or Nissan R390 in a bad weather race and see what i mean.
 
I don't like the standard cars either and its not because of no interior. I dont use that view much. Id prefer the game only had premium cars but I suspect the memory or graphics engine could not handle 12 premium cars at the same time so there had to be cheap models for the sake of numbers and fps.

Go do a race with heavy rain etc. Look at the standard cars when you pass them or when Bob passes them. they look like cardboard box cars. Maybe the bad weather makes them look worse than the usual ugliness. I do enduros alot so I notice it all hte time. Especially when they are damaged they look like paper mache cars. Look at the great Toyota GT1 or Nissan R390 in a bad weather race and see what i mean.

It happens with Premium cars too, makes them become pixelated in either rain or smoke.
 
As has been pointed out in this thread... there's been proof since practically Day 1. Not sure how people haven't already noticed this...
 
Who cares, none of the cars are premium. Standard cars suck.

Sadly, you're missing out. Some of the game's best cars are Standards.
 
I don't like the standard cars either and its not because of no interior. I dont use that view much. Id prefer the game only had premium cars but I suspect the memory or graphics engine could not handle 12 premium cars at the same time so there had to be cheap models for the sake of numbers and fps.

Go do a race with heavy rain etc. Look at the standard cars when you pass them or when Bob passes them. they look like cardboard box cars. Maybe the bad weather makes them look worse than the usual ugliness. I do enduros alot so I notice it all hte time. Especially when they are damaged they look like paper mache cars. Look at the great Toyota GT1 or Nissan R390 in a bad weather race and see what i mean.

So are you saying that it's not possible to race with 12 premiums on track at the same time? Really?

As for the rain ugliness, as has been said, that happens with any car.
If it looks worse with standards, it's because they look worse to start with.

Sadly, you're missing out. Some of the game's best cars are Standards.

👍 👍
 
I went and did a race and came back to the UCD to find the SAME six cars, including the Eclipse, available for purchase. Needless to say, I bought the Eclipse. So it's NOT random. I can see the Eclipse being there by coincidence, but not all six cars being the same.

Kevin

There could be a random seed that is being saved. That way it's possible for it to be rAndom yet produce the same results after a reload. If any of you are Civ 4 players, you know what I'm talking about.
 
As regard the Standard better than premium thing, the Standard GT40 (No Stripe) comes up about 50 hp better than the premium after it's tricked out. I've won at least a couple of dozen races with it. That car rocks.
 
We have 4 racer playing 5 games on 2 ps3. 3 games on ps3a and 2 on ps3b. My son is playing on both. Everyone on ps3a has restarted once and the Used car list been the same for all 6 games. On ps3b both games also had the same used car list however their used car list is different than the ones on ps3a. So I sure its not random but the starting point seems to be related in some way to your ps3.
 
We have 4 racer playing 5 games on 2 ps3. 3 games on ps3a and 2 on ps3b. My son is playing on both. Everyone on ps3a has restarted once and the Used car list been the same for all 6 games. On ps3b both games also had the same used car list however their used car list is different than the ones on ps3a. So I sure its not random but the starting point seems to be related in some way to your ps3.

Then it is random, but a random unique to each ps3. They probably use the serial number or something of the sort to generate the random seed.

Google/wiki random seed for an explanation.
 
Then it is random, but a random unique to each ps3. They probably use the serial number or something of the sort to generate the random seed.

Google/wiki random seed for an explanation.

It's a random starting point. The UCD rotation is exactly the same for every single game. The starting point is unique to each PS3, though. (I assume this is what you mean, correct?)
 
It's a random starting point. The UCD rotation is exactly the same for every single game. The starting point is unique to each PS3, though. (I assume this is what you mean, correct?)

This is, in fact, exactly what occurs.

For more, see here.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back