Proper Mini!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter the big russ
  • 16 comments
  • 1,693 views
Messages
2
:grumpy: hey there!
i am completely freekin out because i cant find a PROPER (old) mini cooper on GT4!!!:ouch:

I know u can get 1 on GT3 but i have no idea how 2 swap cars between them, and im fairly sure i have no idea how 2 get it o GT4

if u hav an answer 2 my stress pleez write bak

thanx
big russ:idea:
 
Welcome to GTP.

:grumpy: hey there!
i am completely freekin out because i cant find a PROPER (old) mini cooper on GT4!!!:ouch:
There is no old mini Cooper in the PAL version of GT4.

I know u can get 1 on GT3 but i have no idea how 2 swap cars between them, and im fairly sure i have no idea how 2 get it o GT4
You can't transfer cars between GT3 and GT4.

You may also want to re-read the Acceptable Use Policy. You agreed to it when you signed up to GTP. Pay particular attention to the bit below.

AUP
No slang words that promote laziness, ie; "r", "u", "plz", etc. will be tolerated. Decent grammar is expected, including proper usage of capital letters. Repeated violations will be grounds for suspension and/or permanent removal from the forums.
 
There is no old mini Cooper in the PAL version of GT4.
Only the Asian GT4 version(s) got the old Mini, right?
I guess there was some sort of licencing issue, then.

(Sorry, BBCode doesn't allow confining image sizes.)

060106_002.jpg


Cheers,

MasterGT
 
I wonder. Has anyone ever tried to buy one from a Japanese save? Or can't it be done?
 
I wonder. Has anyone ever tried to buy one from a Japanese save? Or can't it be done?

A PAL or NTSC game won't recognize the Japanese version save file.
 
I wonder if someone like Sucahyo has tried to "activate" it, or if they've found it hidden on the disc, a la the Diablo, 911 GT3, and Stratos in Gran Turismo 3.
 
Hmm, I must say, it looks very poorly textured judging by that picture... still, I want it!
 
You really think so, MINICOOPER120? I think it looks pretty sweet.
 
Yeah, even though it looks SLIGHTLY better in GT3. Maybe it's the brighter colors in GT3 fooling me...
 
I miss the old Mini. I loved it. I feel your pain. :(
 
I wonder if someone like Sucahyo has tried to "activate" it, or if they've found it hidden on the disc, a la the Diablo, 911 GT3, and Stratos in Gran Turismo 3.

If Sucahyo or HYBRDLVR can't figure it out, the answer would definately be no.
 
Though, with a little stretch of imagination, Sucahyo's hybrid-findings could make it possible to mate the drivetrain of the original Mini Cooper, which is found in the guts of the ugly Mini Marcos, with the body of the new BMiniW... But, I'll go take a look at the body-charts Sucahyo created - might find something there.


EDIT: And I'm back with an answer:

Looking at the charts, there's only one mention of an original Mini - the name-code. When used in PHASTE (which is the way to create hybrids) on any car, the name of that car will change to "Mini Cooper 1.3l". However, not all is golden - the manufacturer isn't set, so pressing "R1" to call up the origin-country on the main GT-Mode screen makes PCSx2 crash - I reckon the actual game will lock up then. So technically, you could create an almost-proper Mini, with only the body and engine missing - the guts can be borrowed from the Mini Marcos, and only then engine will have to find a replacement. Body could be the one from the new BMiniW...
I searched, but couldn't find engine, drivetrain, chassis, body, or any other mention of the original Mini. Perhaps Sucahyo left something out in his lists, but I doubt that.
 
I wonder if someone like Sucahyo has tried to "activate" it, or if they've found it hidden on the disc, a la the Diablo, 911 GT3, and Stratos in Gran Turismo 3.

There's a Diablo in GT3? Where?

*hurries to the shop to get a copy*
 
There's a Diablo in GT3? Where?

*hurries to the shop to get a copy*

Not in PAL.

It was in the Japanese version and not in, but still on the disk in a hidden manner, the US version. It was completely removed from the PAL disk, along with the Porsche 996 911 GT3.
 
Has anyone ever tried to buy one from a Japanese save?
I'm thinking of picking up a Japanese version, just to get this car.
That should solve the whole problem. :sly:

Cheers,

MasterGT
 
Back