Properly rare version of GT1

I was looking through my PS1 games (for GT2) and stumbled upon a disk I forgot I had.

Many moons ago, I worked for SCEE QA. The pay was rubbish, but we played games all day and we'd get some decent freebies - we got a free PlayStation each and would get loads of games on a fairly regular basis.

Occasionally, we'd be given commemorative disks for some milestone or event or something.

Which is where this GT1 disk came from - those of us who worked on GT1 ( I actually have my name in the PAL credits) got given a disk to commemorate 100,000,000 PlayStation disks manufactured.

I reckon there were only a hundred or so of these disks made and I still have mine. There can't be many of these left, so it must be fairly rare...

I can post a picture, if anyone wants to see it?

It comes in a special silvered sleeve case and someone's been trying to sell one on eBay for the last 3 years for £1,000. I think it's down to £200 now :lol:

I'm pretty sure edwardv12 has one in his collection.

Famine
It comes in a special silvered sleeve case and someone's been trying to sell one on eBay for the last 3 years for £1,000. I think it's down to £200 now :lol:

I'm pretty sure edwardv12 has one in his collection.

I don't think that I have the original case. Mine is in a plain black one, which is how we got most stuff.

The problem with games on eBay is that, like houses, you can say it's worth however much, but it's only actually worth what someone will pay for it.

Got a link, by the way? I might see if I've got the same case somewhere.

Right, going to try this, haven't uploaded pics to here from my phone before
20130923_073518_zps4a6b8c03.jpg

20130923_073530_zpsfbc26119.jpg

Oh, and the case isn't quite plain black, it has a sticker in one corner with a hologram PlayStation logo on it.

Last edited:

I vaguely remember seeing that case, now you mention it. I honestly can't remember if it came like that, though. But I have problems with my memory, so that's not unexpected.

I'm going to email that picture to my brother (he should also have one) to see if his has that case with it.

The problem is, I've moved so many times, that it's probably been lost somewhere along the line. As I said at the top of the thread, I didn't even remember I had it until I opened the case it was in the other night...

It's not like it has any real value, I've tried selling the "staff only" games I have in the past and no one buys them, but I'd quite like it in it's original case, for some reason.

Lucky, I've been wanting one of those for a while. Unfortunately they don't pop up often and some guy has been trying to sell his for years on eBay. Right now is down to a few hundred dollars, which is still silly. It's cool and rare, but not worth that.

I've decided to whack this in a frame to put in my office / games room. It's one of the few things I did in the games industry that I'm vaguely proud of ( the other being producer on a number one selling game) so I'm going to put it on display.

Sorry to bad quality -,-

I have version NTSC-U/C and I had PSX console in cartidge slot have "Day 6103" in Simulation Mode, and I had all cars! 164 cars! All Racing Modifications and max tuning, but currently I can't prove this :(

Attachments

• Zdjęcie009.jpg
    Zdjęcie009.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 72
  • Zdjęcie006.jpg
    Zdjęcie006.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 70
Back