Pros and cons with your favourite cars?

• Thread starter Tekku
  • 20 comments
Sweden
Umeå
What can you tell us about the cars that you have driven the most? Are there things that new drivers to the car would want to know before they go out on track?

I'll start with my 2 favourite Gr.3 cars so far:

Toyota FT-1

Very good at high speed cornering. It loves the Nordscheife and especially the faster sections. You barely have to slow down for the Flugplatz corner which feels crazy when you go through it. Almost like the car is flying for a second. Downsides is the amount of power that sometimes becomes too much to handle. It has a very hard time on slow sections with lots of elevation. The whole hills section on Bathurst is really tough even with TC on, especially going up the hill. The car also has a special gear setup which requires you to shift down to 1st gear a lot, which can feel odd at the beginning. And as far as I know it's also the widest car in the Gr.3 class so you'll have to be careful when overtaking or going close to the grass.

Jaguar F-Type

Very, very smooth car to drive. It's responsive and stable. It's the only Gr.3 car where I almost never have to counter-steer or account for unpredictable and unbalanced behaviour. It's just a well balanced car all in all. It lacks edge though and can feel a bit underwhelming when going up against more aggressive cars. It's not too good in high speed corners as you have to slow down a bit too much to compensate for the slight understeer. In that regard it's the direct opposite of the FT-1 mentioned above. But I rely more on the Jaguars balanced performance so it's more of a race winner for me due to that.

The FT-1 feels heavy, like a Corvette or Aston Martin or even the Bugatti.

my favorite, probably the Renault RS01 Gr3 because I can attack corners super fast, has a tight steering radius and it's very light so I can brake almost on a dime if done properly but lacks the top speed (even in BoP races).

Corvette C7 Gr3
similar reasons to your F-Type comments. It's smooth and stable and suits my driving style.

Ferrari 458 Gr3 (and Gr4)
because it's a wild animal, in other games I love driving the 458 because it's super ninble and has a great engine sound (not really the case in GTS), but in GTS even with TCS set to 1-2 it takes time to master the car coming out of corners.

Both group 3&4 Mercedes are pretty easy to drive, feel quite planted but lack the power to attack on the straights (strange considering the competitiveness of the real life Mercedes). I enjoy driving with them but rarely win.

I find the correlation between the group 3&4 porsche’s quite similar, though different to the mercedes (they seem to pack a bit more power in the straights, but they bite a bit harder if you make a mistake). They’re both manageable in a similar way. Enjoyable to drive but slightly more challenging.

Only other car I’ve driven a large amount is the Citroen group 3 which is like driving a kart at times, it grips and grips and drives very well out of corners, sometimes feels like cheating hence why I don’t like it so much... But I’ve probably won an equal amount with that and the Porsche with much less track time in the Citroen.

Don't really have a favorite car yet, but I have the most miles with the Gr3 & 4 WRX's. The gr3 handles ok but it lacks a bit on the straights and it's a bit difficult in low speed corners. The Gr4 handles ok but again the speed lacks (mostly because of default gearing) and being AWD it's sluggish in the corners.

There are a bunch of things I'd like to change on those but unfortunately in Sport mode I cannot adjust the setup to alleviate their weaknesses, which in my opinion sucks and only takes away some of the depth from the game. To me it's more rewarding getting the setup right rather than being just another pleb in a Beetle, or whatever the flavor of the month car is.

I started using the Gr3 Viper today and I am much happier with the default setup on that compared to the WRX, although it lacks in braking a bit. I think the Gr3/4 Vipers will be my go to from now on.

Last edited:
McLaren 650S Gr.4
Pros - well balanced, handles well in all circumstances (high speed, low speed, under braking etc)
Cons - absolutely no straight line speed, other cars will pull away from it even if you are slipstreaming from right under their bumper

McLaren 650S GT3
Pros - fast at most tracks, good high speed grip, relatively stable under braking
Cons - very difficult to drive at the limit, car has tendency to snap oversteer on corner exit, requires a very precise driving style

McLaren 650S Gr.4
Pros - well balanced, handles well in all circumstances (high speed, low speed, under braking etc)
Cons - absolutely no straight line speed, other cars will pull away from it even if you are slipstreaming from right under their bumper
I was driving the Gr.4 McLaren today for the first time in the Brands Hatch Nations Cup race and I think it worked ok there. Very stable and easy to drive but maybe a bit too understeery for my liking. I also found out that you have to shift early to get better acceleration. I was shifting at around half of the rpm bar.

I was driving the Gr.4 McLaren today for the first time in the Brands Hatch Nations Cup race and I think it worked ok there. Very stable and easy to drive but maybe a bit too understeery for my liking. I also found out that you have to shift early to get better acceleration. I was shifting at around half of the rpm bar.

Brands doesn't have as many places where the crippling lack of top speed can come into play...

BMW M4 is my favourite Gr4 car, pulls like a train and very stable on the brakes, good when someone is right on your butt, can out brake them every time and still make the apex.

Lexus Gr3 just a great all round car, wouldn't say it has any major weakness (other than my driving lol) not the best at anything, but very good at everything.

Can't think of any cons on either of those tbh, there are faster cars than both but not many better all rounders than either of those.

Last edited:
Lancer Gr.3- under the right circumstances, this car can make even Beetle drivers sweat bullets...especially on Suzuka. this car perfectly rivals the WRX and on most tracks, outperform it as well. but theres only one catch...this car is about as stubborn as a Charzard. I can hit a corner the same way 10 times and 3 of the 10 times the car would randomly decide to understeer FOR ABSOLUTELY NO REASON. still I love the look on people's faces when they cant shake me off of their tail.

FT1 VGT and Corvette Gr3 are my favourites so far. They both feel so smooth and can take corners at high speed. I have yet to find any cons on any of the cars I own.

F-type Gr.4 is an incredibly smooth and balanced car for being front engined and rear wheel drive. Really nothing wrong with it besides being a bit slower in straights than other cars. This car responds to my steering input really well.

Porsche RSR Gr.3 drives sort of like the McLaren, it doesn't feel that fast or fun but it is very consistent and I was getting really good lap times without even realizing it. I would imagine it is hard to drive at the limit at certain tracks, I was in third place behind second and didn't want to risk a crash by pushing it.

Disappointed with the 458 Gr.3 and Hurucan Gr.3 , they drive oddly and I may need to adjust my wheel settings, but they have no resemblance to cars in Asseto Corsa. Lamborghini was easy and smooth to drive in Asseto Corsa but in Gt sport it doesn't respond to my steering input and either snap oversteer or understeer.

Going to give the 458 a chance but eventually might just leave it alone.

Lancer Gr.3- under the right circumstances, this car can make even Beetle drivers sweat bullets...especially on Suzuka. this car perfectly rivals the WRX and on most tracks, outperform it as well. but theres only one catch...this car is about as stubborn as a Charzard. I can hit a corner the same way 10 times and 3 of the 10 times the car would randomly decide to understeer FOR ABSOLUTELY NO REASON. still I love the look on people's faces when they cant shake me off of their tail.
The lancer is VERY predictable, its just a pain in teh ass to drive at lowspeeds .

Alfa 4C Gr.4 - Fast a lot of fun to drive, being a lightweight MR makes it quite different to almost every other car in the class. But requires some tuning to bring the oversteer under control, and the default settings in fixed can make this car downright scary to drive on a lot of tracks (oversteering in 5th gear at Kyoto for instance).

Honda Project 2&4 Powered by RC213V

Pros
Its a real giggle throwing it around a track.

Cons
It doesn't sound very good (surprise, surprise)
It has no competition, Suzuki GSXR-4 for example
It also has a dumb name.

The lancer is VERY predictable, its just a pain in teh ass to drive at lowspeeds .

Actually it performs very well at low speeds...this video here proves it (till i choked that is):

the midspeed area is where the car gets pretty finicky.

Actually it performs very well at low speeds...this video here proves it (till i choked that is):

the midspeed area is where the car gets pretty finicky.

I consider low speeds anything under 75 mph XD . The lancer is my go to car since the beta, but I have since discovered the viper in this game acts nothing like a viper.. its surprisingly stable .. so for tracks with lots of technical turns, I use the viper. For tracks with lots of high speed " thread the needle" kinda turns, the lancer is my go-to machine.

I don't know if this is just me but I tend to get understeer often no matter what car

Last edited:
Porsche 911 GT3 RS

Pros:

- Solid competitor, and can beat supercars from classes above it.

- Rear wheel steer is working its magic, makes the car grip like it has fixed downforce (even though it only has a rear downforce level of 200)

Cons:

- Tune it to N700, it becomes a Widowmaker

- Because of that rear wheel steer, it essentially becomes OP and could be a thing of hatred.

Back