Protection from YLOD

  • Thread starter Thread starter boomstick
  • 0 comments
  • 785 views
Messages
14
Messages
mattj2006
Hello everybody! Being new here I thought I would share my homemade PS3 vent system. It is very simple and does not require any modification to the PS3. It is also much cheaper and requires very very little energy from the PS3 as compared to commecialy available units. Briefly, I use 12v 80mm cpu fans...you can use however many you want. Using the PS3 USB port I take a 1 meter usb cable and cut the end off that doesnt go in the PS3. Take the red and black wires in the cable and connect a 5v micro relay to them. Then connect a 12v power supply, available at walmart or any electronics store to the relay. Then connect the fans to the relay. This setup only requires the 5v from the PS3 to energize the relay leaving the power supply to operate the fans. I have been running this for 3 years solid with my ps3 in an entertainment center. The fans only run when the ps3 is on. The air moving around the PS3 keeps it much cooler. I have a simple diagram drawn out, just drop me your email if you would like it.
 
Back