ProtoWorks?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hyundai Racer
  • 12 comments
  • 1,040 views
Messages
217
I have read on a few posts here about a manufacturer called ProtoWorks on the PAL version, and they always say that is a Korean car...

I have been living in Korea for three years now and there is no manufacturer called ProtoWorks here, in Korea we have Hyundai, Kia, Daewoo, Ssangyong and Samsung, but no ProtoWorks.

I believe in Malaysia there is a manufacturer called Proto, can anyone confirm this?

And does the game actually say ProtoWorks is Korean?

Seems like a small mistake by the developers of the game....
 
i dont know but i just looked gran turismoo 3 and had allkinda mistakes..like mopar was moper on the back cover and in game there was opel calbira :D so mistakes can hapen..
 
Hemmo
i dont know but i just looked gran turismo 3 and had allkinda mistakes..like mopar was moper on the back cover and in game there was opel calbira :D so mistakes can hapen..

yea Opel Caribra - in translation from english to japanese, r's can sound like l's and vice versa, hence the mistake. There were a few others I'm sure...

as for ProtoWorks - well I'll wait n see with that one. Sounds interesting though.
 
nice car, looks a bit like the new mitsubishi eclipse but I like this one more especially in orange
 
They do look a little similar, the Spirra came first though. At least thats the one I heard of first.
 
Hyundai Racer
I have read on a few posts here about a manufacturer called ProtoWorks on the PAL version, and they always say that is a Korean car...

I have been living in Korea for three years now and there is no manufacturer called ProtoWorks here, in Korea we have Hyundai, Kia, Daewoo, Ssangyong and Samsung, but no ProtoWorks.

I believe in Malaysia there is a manufacturer called Proto, can anyone confirm this?

And does the game actually say ProtoWorks is Korean?

Seems like a small mistake by the developers of the game....

So yeah, ProtoWorks does exist as confirmed by The359. however, about your other question, the Malaysian car maker is called Proton. But they're not making the kind of car as ProtoWorks did, they make normal everyday cars. Hope this helps.
 
jessekatianda
So yeah, ProtoWorks does exist as confirmed by The359. however, about your other question, the Malaysian car maker is called Proton. But they're not making the kind of car as ProtoWorks did, they make normal everyday cars. Hope this helps.

Although Proton does make the Lotus Elise...technically.

:)
 
Lotus make the Elise, Proton just own Lotus.
 
live4speed
Lotus make the Elise, Proton just own Lotus.

Pretty much what I said. :)

Proton commissions Lotus to make the Elise. Thus the 'technically' qualifier. Obviously Lotus beats to their own drummer. However, Proton did a nice 'housecleaning' once they bought Lotus.

-E
 
Back