PS 4 Driver Swap

United States
Austin, Texas
I spent my first night with the game practicing and getting used to the physics. Amazing experience. I love the game so far. The physics are right in line with what I have always wanted from a console game. It is much more enjoyable than the ubiquitous sim-cades. I love GT3 racing. I either watch or attend as many as I can. In other sims I mostly spend my time racing GT3 cars anyway so a tightly focused GT3 game is right up my alley.

Last night I ran my first career mode and single-player mode races. I was DSQ'd from both as I did not driver swap. The first one I assumed that a driver swap was going to automatically happen so that was my fault. The second race and this is probably me being unfamiliar with the UI but I entered pit lane to begin the process. Selected no tire swap thumbed down to select driver had a name highlighted to the selected driver and pulled into my lane. There must be another step that I am missing. I am pretty sure that I am not "accepting" the pit lane instructions somehow but I do not know how to make that happen. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Are your pitstop selections Valid in green before you pull into the box?
Screenshot (11).png

Oh God damnit. I wish the game would give us a regulations tab so we know when we have mandatory pits and/or driver change.

Do we need a driver swap? In wat situations?

I got DSQ'd in my first Zolder race but I have no idea why. I was fine in the second one but didn't do anything different.

I got a load of DQ's when pitting until I picked up on the main cause.

The Pit Limiter will only engage if you are in first gear, regardless of if its set to manual or automatic. Since I've been aware of this (and I am now running manual on it) I've not had a single DQ.

Oh and driver and tyre change are mandatory during the pit window, both are by default set to On.

Now, can I set these on the preceding laps or does it need to be set when I am in pit entry?

Yes you can.

Go to Options
Controls
Control Bindings
Cycle MFD HUD

Assign a hotkey to cycle through. You can adjust electronics and pit stops here on track at anytime.

Please bear in mind I’m only on PC and am assuming Kunos has given console the same options here.

Tons of great info. Thanks! Yes, I do have the MFD HUD hotkeyed to my wheel. I was just making aure there wasn't any issues with preloading them prior to pit in.

I appreciate the info.

Last edited:
I have an issue with pit stops too, in career mode I pit during the open pit window (all indicators are green and valid) I stop the car at the sign.....and nothing happens.It's like the car is not being recognized as being in the pits. Any suggestions would be welcomed, this very frustrating.
Other than that, I really do like the game. Challenging, but fun.
PS4 with T300RS wheel.

Last edited:
If you pit on the "PIT WINDOW OPEN" period it shouldn't be an issue and no need to change anything on the MFD HUD, at least at Sprint Cup.
In Endurance Cup maybe you have to manage driving times.

Back