PS2 A dissapointment?

• Thread starter Race Idiot
  • 43 comments
As a reply to post #22 and that comment towards metallica and such. People who only listen to a band becuase its big in high school and drop it when they're not popular anymore or because they get ridiculed for listening to it are called ****ing posers.

Not trying to start a rant or flame war so just read my opinion and forget about it. Thats just one of the things that really pisses me off.

Disaster is the last thing id called my PS2, it would be the first thing id call an XBOX though.

Originally posted by Matrixhasu77
Xbox is a decent console too, but the controller is just way to bulky for my tastes. [/B]

...one of the reasons I don't like it....the controller as well as the console is too bulky

Originally posted by Matrixhasu77
Xbox is a decent console too, but the controller is just way to bulky for my tastes. [/B]

...one of the reasons I don't like it....the controller as well as the console is too bulky

Originally posted by Race Idiot
....But the games dont seem to appeal as much as they used to....

I've been noticing this for many things now. TV, video games, just about anything that's electronic. Luckily, I can still rely on biking for now, let's hope that doesn't change:nervous:

Heh.

At the moment I only really play GT3.
Maybe a bit of Pro Evo or smackdown when my mates come round, but thats about it.

Surely you cant be less interested in PC's?

Originally posted by Race Idiot
Ok.

Here is my opinion.

Having bought my PS2 almost a year and a bit ago, this is what I have come to think. Initially I was impressed with the machine, having played Timesplitters and RR5 when Keeno_UK got his machine around november 2000, my interest lessened and I went back to playing my lovely Dreamcast. Eventually around september 2001 I purchased a PS2 for the amazing price of £150 (this was when it was £200 most places) the first games I ended up with were F1 2001 (sony version) and GT3. F1 2001 I wasnt really interested in but GT3 err well im still playing GT3 at the moment. Thats the thing, during the era of the PSX I had so many different titles to chose from. FinalFantasy7/8/9, Xenogears, Einhander, G-Police, Ace combat 2/3, Toca series, Tekken, Soul blade, allot of odd Japanese games that I bought on implulse. I mean I still have quite a few nice games for the PS2 GTA3,GTA VC , Timesplitters 2, Toca Racedriver, Pro Evolution Soccer, MGS2, GT3, GTConcept and some other games.

But the games dont seem to appeal as much as they used to. Fo example I got hold of metal gear solid on the PSX and I played the thing to death. MGS2 however I played it, thought it was great and played it a total amount of 5 times. I have a total of around 10 games and I have only completed 3 of them. Ive had GTA3 for the last year and I still havent got off the second city. Maybe its just me and im starting to enjoy videogames less and less, or maybe the games are becoming less and less apealing to me. What do you think?

In my case I think its a bit of both, although I can play games for stupendous amounts of time.

What a long rant that was. :)
major dis

*shrugs*

I'm 30, been into games since PONG, I'll never grow out of playing games. Just as I'll never stop liking movies or eating icecream, it's just that my taste in what I play/watch/eat may change :) Although I never liked Mario & co.

Originally posted by Axe_Gaijin
*shrugs*

I'm 30, been into games since PONG, I'll never grow out of playing games. Just as I'll never stop liking movies or eating icecream, it's just that my taste in what I play/watch/eat may change :) Although I never liked Mario & co.
nope, never got into the lil mutt

Back