"PS2 + GT4" now or "PS3 + GT5" Later???

Sweden
Home of Quattro.
Hi, im a big fan of the Gran Turismo series.
Lately i earned some money and wonder if i should buy a PS2 + GT4 now.
Or wait for the PS3 + GT5, since the PS2 is at its end of its life line.

Question: Buy now or wait ???

\Thx, From: Grumpy_SWE

Gran Turismo 4 will be in the spotlight for a good long time. Ps3 and GT5?? Geez... that's gonna take like over 2 years =/

Get the Ps2 and GT4. Have fun.

Stop listening to specualtion. If you wait for PS3 and GT5, you may as well just put that cash into your retirement fund.

Considering that the PS3 wont be out until late 2006, you're going to be waiting a long time.

Plus, I'd be surprised to see GT5 before Xmas 07.

Going to follow your advice, thanks guys....
One last question: Iv seen that the Rally mode have a special handling (View behind the car is locked and doesnt sway/tilt), is there any other racing game that have a simular feeling. (Is it as hard as it looks to drive in Rally mode?)

\Thx again, From: Grumpy_SWE

They say end 2005 begin 2006 PS3 will be released but I don't believe that. And GT5 will be delayed, delayed and delayed so just buy GT4 and forget the time :)

Hi again.

Got some more questions: (But im 99% sure i will buy a GT4 console package when they arrive here in Sweden)

1. Is the official GT wheel good? (Does it work with ex: WRC4)
2. Is there a good wheel that works for both PS2 and XBOX? (Logic3 Topdrive GT4?)
3. Iv heard rumors about the new little PS2 could overheat, anyone who had any trouble?
4. Could you recommend any Racing/Rally games for the PS2 besides: GT4,WRC4?
5. In GT4 the Rally mode seems to have a special handling (View behind the car is locked and doesnt sway/tilt), is there any other racing game that have a simular feeling. (Is it as hard as it looks to drive in Rally mode?)

Thanks for all reply´s in this thread.
\From: Grumpy_SWE

Grumpy_SWE
Iv heard rumors about the new little PS2 could overheat, anyone who had any trouble?

No problems here, I've had the new slimline PSTwo running for over 12 hours with no problems what-so-ever! Just don't put it anywhere that could keep heat in, like say on top of something black! Other than that, the new look PS2 is perfectly fine. In some way's it's even better than the old "big" Playstaion2!

Now its done, just bought:
1x PS2 (small) GT4 package. (Console + Game)
1x Accesory Kit. (Extra controller + Standard Memory card + DVD controll)
1x WRC4.

(I also picket up the WRC2004 - Recharged DVD.)

\From: Happy Grumpy_SWE :dopey:

My answer to this question is both. If you buy the PS2, and GT4 By the time the PS3, and GT5 come out you should have saved enough money to buy them.

Latest Posts

Back