PS3 Buying help

• Thread starter AlPh4Kil1
  • 6 comments
I'm am dying to buy a PS3 to play some GT5 but I can't seem to find any good deals in Australia.

My friend was offering a 80GB PS3 for $200AUD, i don't know if I should take it though.

I was also searching stores and most of them were out of my price range.

But should I either take the 80GB PS3 or wait till there's a good deal or buy a second hand slim?

80GB is junk. Might as well wait for a Slim. They are more reliable, more efficient, quieter and smaller.

What he said. And don't spend any extra for a larger hdd, 2.5" hdds are very cheap and you can just plug in an external one if you don't want to replace the stock one.

Keep searching around! There's bound to be a deal somewhere. I know places like EB Games and JB Hi-Fi still do deals with PS3 + games.

What the other guys said, don't bother with the fat and capacity isn't a problem.

Also.. If you can't find any deals at all, just get on eBay and have a look around.

Keep searching around! There's bound to be a deal somewhere. I know places like EB Games and JB Hi-Fi still do deals with PS3 + games.

What the other guys said, don't bother with the fat and capacity isn't a problem.

Also.. If you can't find any deals at all, just get on eBay and have a look around.

So just go for a second hand one? because i can't afford the 320GB deals and I was gonna plan to upgrade the HDD

Second hand is fine. Look for a 120GB Slim. They've went on sale a year and a half ago, so you should be able to find one that is fairly close to your budget.

I have a slim 120GB.. I can't remember when I got it.. Wow that's actually a huge shame.. Im stuck between whether it was this christmas or last christmas, anyway, I haven't had any large problems with it yet. Careful when upgrading the HDD though because they've made them very sensitive, I would suggest also buying or re-formatting an external Hard Drive (500GB should last you ages) and making it FAT-32. This allows the PS3 to read it and it also gives you a large amount of extra space on your PS3.

Back