PS3 died, can i get my save back?

  • Thread starter Thread starter quik1500
  • 2 comments
  • 1,598 views
Messages
69
Messages
Quik1500
I have an 80g fat ps3 that has worked perfect since the day i got it, the only problem is ive used up the 80g of space. Last week I purchased a new 160g slim with the intentions of transfering all the date to the 160g. I could not do this since PSN was down. When PSN came back, i started to install the new update on my 80g and it froze halfway thru. I had it checked out and they said the hard drive went bad. I have a flash drive, but the only thing saved on it was my GT5 game save. Heres my questions...

Is there any way to use my flash drive to restore my GT5 game on my new PS3?

If not, will I be able to get my DLC cars back? (GT5 collectors ed. and Gamestop NASCAR)
 
I'm pretty sure if you use the same PSN login information and just copy the save data it'll be okay, may be wrong though. Never went through this yet so I can't give you 100% answer
 
If you had your GT5 profile copied to a flash drive and you get a new PS3, you can copy your GT5 profile to your new PS3, so long as you download the GT5 updates using your new PS3. Without downloading the GT5 updates, I'm not sure if that affects anything, considering you already have your profile copied.
 
Back