PS3 does not accept new PSN account

• Thread starter Nielsen
  • 5 comments
Denmark
Denmark
I just created a new PSN account because I got tired of my old username. However, my PS3 says "You cannot sign in using another user's sign-in ID (e-mail address)." How do I solve this?

I tried to link my new account to my old account on the official Playstation website but it wouldn't let me do that either so I had to activate the new account without linking it to the old.

You can't solve it apart from making a completely new account with a different e-mail address. If it was the case that you could do what you're trying then technically anyone could access using your account if they knew your e-mail address.

I did create a new PSN account with a new e-mail address and password but my PS3 won't let me sign in with the new account. It refers to my new account as "another user's" even though I do enter the correct e-mail and password.

Other people would never know my password.

I did create a new PSN account with a new e-mail address and password but my PS3 won't let me sign in with the new account. It refers to my new account as "another user's" even though I do enter the correct e-mail and password.

Other people would never know my password.

Have you created a different user slot on the XMB or are you trying to sign in under the same one as your old account?

Have you created a different user slot on the XMB or are you trying to sign in under the same one as your old account?

Bingo! That was it, I needed a new XMB user slot. Unfortunate that I had to that as I cannot sync with my old trophies then.

Back