PS3 DualShock3 On PSP 1000/2000

• Thread starter SiNiST3R
  • 17 comments

SiNiST3R

(Banned)
I have a PSP 2000 Slim Silver

I have noticed allot of people are using the DS3 with they're PSP Go!'s I havnt seen allot of chat about people with PSP 1000/2000 doing the same thing.

If you don't know already (If you doo then it's all good) You can run the DS3 on PSP 1000/2000.

It works GREAT!!!

You need CFW / IRShell / DS3 drivers / Remotejoy4iRS / Rac3rX DS3 Joymap / 2 USB to miniUSB cables

With these tools I play GT PSP full screen on my PC with the DS3 Controller, enjoying full analogue controle with the DS3 joystick.

Is anybody else doing this, and if so, what is your Joymap? Do you really have analogue control of the joystick?

Last edited:
As the psp 1000/2000 and 3000 don't have bluetooth they can't use the DS3. Cos the DS3 uses Bluetooth to connect to the PS3. As the pspgo has Bluetooth the DS3 can connect to it.

As the psp 1000/2000 and 3000 don't have bluetooth they can't use the DS3. Cos the DS3 uses Bluetooth to connect to the PS3. As the pspgo has Bluetooth the DS3 can connect to it.

I use the DS3 on my PSP 2000 Slim all the Time, it doesnt need BlueTooth. It needs what I listed in my OP.

I use my DS3 as a reguler controller on my PC for all my controller using PC games. Its even great for N64 emulators (Bond & Zelda)

Is there nobody else doing it this way???

FullScreen and with a DS3 kicks butt.

Lots of people are under the assumption that the DS3 works with BT only and only uses the cable to charge. It does not. :) There are even Windows drivers for it, so you can hook it up to a pc and play pc games with it (using the cable, not the BT).

Lots of people are under the assumption that the DS3 works with BT only and only uses the cable to charge. It does not. :) There are even Windows drivers for it, so you can hook it up to a pc and play pc games with it (using the cable, not the BT).

Thats right, I use it as my main PC controller, and have ever since I got my PS3 Debugger last year. Its great

No SIXAXIS though, :lol: :sly: :) That only works on PS3 with games built for it, but other then that she works just like any other controller.

All through the USB cable O_o

Oh that is interesting!!

that means i simply buy a DS3 controller and connect to pc (usb cable) while psp connect to pc too??

also if i connect this way.. do i still have the "analog" features(buttons) or all become digital?

Oh that is interesting!!

that means i simply buy a DS3 controller and connect to pc (usb cable) while psp connect to pc too??

also if i connect this way.. do i still have the "analog" features(buttons) or all become digital?

Yes you connect the PSP to the PC and transfer the PSP image to the PC via the USB cable.

Only analogue sticks, not buttons. However you have full analogue stick controlle

Yes you connect the PSP to the PC and transfer the PSP image to the PC via the USB cable.

Only analogue sticks, not buttons. However you have full analogue stick controlle

Then I don't see the point of getting it... It's dam sweet to have a good throtle control on analog buttons.. Hate feathering

Thats right, I use it as my main PC controller, and have ever since I got my PS3 Debugger last year. Its great

No SIXAXIS though, :lol: :sly: :) That only works on PS3 with games built for it, but other then that she works just like any other controller.

All through the USB cable O_o

Do you know how to add The pressure sensitive Feature, because i Cant use my Triggers properly on my Pc:nervous::nervous:

and Rubmle also??? :thumbsup:

Unfortunately the game itself doesn't support analogue control of the throttle or brake., so no you cant change a digital inputs into a analogue one without the ability to do so in the game.

The PSP doesn't rumble so you cant make it do that either.

Remember the GAME needs the feature before the controller can do the action ;)

I can however use the Right analogue stick as a shifter, and the L2/R2 as throttle brake ;)

Its good to play full-screen and with a analogue stick for steering (one MUCH easier to use then the PSP's analogue nub) The PSP also rest nicely and doesn't take much wear and tear.

You would be surprised how nice the game looks fullscreen

Unfortunately the game itself doesn't support analogue control of the throttle or brake., so no you cant change a digital inputs into a analogue one without the ability to do so in the game.

The PSP doesn't rumble so you cant make it do that either.

Remember the GAME needs the feature before the controller can do the action ;)

I can however use the Right analogue stick as a shifter, and the L2/R2 as throttle brake ;)

Its good to play full-screen and with a analogue stick for steering (one MUCH easier to use then the PSP's analogue nub) The PSP also rest nicely and doesn't take much wear and tear.

You would be surprised how nice the game looks fullscreen

I've noticed how impressive all PSP games look on full screen. Unfortunately, have a PSP 1000 and there is no direct video connection. I'd have to use the homebrew driver and that eats up big time memory resources on my computer. Not to mention, I unhacked my M33-2 and am now using OFW 6.1 because I got super desperate after purchasing the game on Oct 1. ha ha. Do us a favor and I'd love to see some screen shots that are full size from GT PSP :)

Back