PS3 error code 80710092

• Thread starter DannyJigg
  • 22 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

DannyJigg

Premium
DannyJigg
I have been having this problem for a few days now and no amount of trawling through search results online seemed to be getting me anywhere.

Just been on the phone to sony tech support and , long story short, the UK team said they have a problem with the volume of traffic hitting their servers due to the easter holiday and it is being worked on. It is believed that some ISPs are traffic shaping (no, really?!) and this is resulting in some connections to the playstation network being blocked by their firewall.

Not sure if this is a cover all excuse but it seems feasible. Their advice to solve the problem was to open the following ports on my router;

tcp 80, 443,5223,10070 range and 10080 range
udp 3478,3479,3658,10070 range

As I usually have my PS3 in a DMZ (the POS router provided by sky is a pain to config) I queried why this would be an issue.

The best advice they could then give was "keep trying, you will connect eventually." While I realise they are limited in what they can and cannot say, and what they can do to help, this seemed like a cop out.

Anyway, excuse the rambling, hope this helps anyone else with the same problem.

I have a feeling it has something to do with the anon attack.

Not that I'm blaming anon, because they stopped the DDOS attack (I hope)
but i'm going through the same problem. After manually signing in though, everything works fine.

I had given up trying after about 2 hours. Interestingly, I now believe there is something going on with my ISP.
I was on the xbox with no problems and then at 5pm, disconnected from live. Running a connection test told me that my router was not handling ICMP correctly, which I know it is. Then the next test I ran said that a few ports were blocked, but there were firewall rules in place to allow them. Again, DMZ testing had the same result, and when checking the more info section - 'this could be a problem with your router/gateway or ISP'.

Problem diagnosed... unfortunately, not solved. F:censored: you Sky! :crazy:

Try disabling the MEDIA SERVER thing. From reading, a router restart seems to fix it(reset it).

I just tried diasbling media server today, and now I end up with PSN Error Code 80710A06.

After doing a connection test, I saw that there's no problem obtaining an IP address or testing the internet connection, but when it tries to sign on to PSN, it fails.

psng.png

Weird..

I just tried diasbling media server today, and now I end up with PSN Error Code 80710A06.

After doing a connection test, I saw that there's no problem obtaining an IP address or testing the internet connection, but when it tries to sign on to PSN, it fails.

psng.png

Weird..

Yeah all of PSN is down, worldwide.

PSN is down worldwide due to work on the server. Im in a PS3 Mw2 Competition and the whole forum they have has been trolled by 12-15 year olds spamming and flaming at everyone.

I say; don't stress, it'll be back up soon. It happened this time last year. They'll fix it, just work on your campaign or career modes.

What Round the Bend said!

Link: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...&utm_campaign=Feed:+PSBlog+(PlayStation.Blog)

Update on PSN Service Outages

Posted: 20 Apr 2011 05:50 PM PDT

We’re aware certain functions of PlayStation Network are down. We will report back here as soon as we can with more information.

Thank you for your patience.

I wouldn't be changing anything RE: your console until PSN is stable again.

I have found, probably as a few others, that if you get an error code, cancel and try again. After three or four tries, I get online.

EDIT: Except it seems they are down now to try and fix stuff!

Dan

Last edited:
Last night, I got this error code. I unplugged my ethernet cable, turned off the ps3, turned it back on and plugged it back in (doubt that really did anything), and set up a new connection.

I noticed that during the test, it took a while for it to successfully connect to Playstation Network, and it also failed to find a uPnP for me, but it still worked.

Last night, I got this error code. I unplugged my ethernet cable, turned off the ps3, turned it back on and plugged it back in (doubt that really did anything), and set up a new connection.

I noticed that during the test, it took a while for it to successfully connect to Playstation Network, and it also failed to find a uPnP for me, but it still worked.

Yeah it's pretty much dead today.

Well it's been over 12 hours now and the problem hasn't been resolved. Im guessing that there will be another 12-24 hours left in fixing this.

There's two possibilities to why it is down;
1) They have been DDoS'ed by a group known as Anon. (DDoSing is where you send heaps and heaps of programs to a website causing their server to overload and crash) Although they deny it.
OR
2) They're just fixing the network.

ON THE ORIGINAL TOPIC: When you set up your connection change it to custom, enter everything manually and change the MTU to 1492 instead of 1500. I don't know what it does, but I had the same problem and it hasn't happened since. My router is a pain though, whenever I search for lobbies, games or try joining lobbies, it freaks out and loses connection.

80710A06 is the Server Down Error Code. The Code this fellow is getting is because of his router and his DMZ. I already suggested a possible way for him to fix it, and i'll do it again in bigger font;

Go to Settings-Network Settings-Internet Connection Settings and re-connect your PS3 to your internet. Instead of pressing Automatic, Press Custom, go through everything and then change your MTU to 1492. This should fix the problem, as I also had this problem!

80710A06 is the Server Down Error Code. The Code this fellow is getting is because of his router and his DMZ. I already suggested a possible way for him to fix it, and i'll do it again in bigger font;

Go to Settings-Network Settings-Internet Connection Settings and re-connect your PS3 to your internet. Instead of pressing Automatic, Press Custom, go through everything and then change your MTU to 1492. This should fix the problem, as I also had this problem!

Trying to fix anything is just plain stupid when you know the network is down; especially when someone is telling you to change a setting and they don't have a clue what it even is.

Trying to fix anything is just plain stupid when you know the network is down; especially when someone is telling you to change a setting and they don't have a clue what it even is.

That was relating to the actual topic, not to the network being down and since I clearly said, The code the other guy is getting is because of his router/DMZ.

I had given up trying after about 2 hours. Interestingly, I now believe there is something going on with my ISP.
I was on the xbox with no problems and then at 5pm, disconnected from live. Running a connection test told me that my router was not handling ICMP correctly, which I know it is. Then the next test I ran said that a few ports were blocked, but there were firewall rules in place to allow them. Again, DMZ testing had the same result, and when checking the more info section - 'this could be a problem with your router/gateway or ISP'.

Problem diagnosed... unfortunately, not solved. F:censored: you Sky! :crazy:

Is your modem set to "Bridge mode"?

I was having problems getting my NAT to work properly and when i set my modem to bridge mode everything starting working.

Not sure how it would work on your problem,but you could try it out to see if it works.

*edit*Make sure you have a Ethernet cable handy.I had to run on the local network and stay connected in order for me to change it to bridged mode.

heres some new news when i just tryed 2 log in it actually told/ said PSN is undergoing maintenance so i hope this is resolved soon

heres some new news when i just tryed 2 log in it actually told/ said PSN is undergoing maintenance so i hope this is resolved soon

Yeah I started getting this close to 12 hours ago. Im guessing that they started work on the network then and it will be down for another 12-36 hours. 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back