ps3 free space recommended?

Portugal
Lisbon
GenPattonX
i was thinking about installing the optional 8gb to load GT5 tracks and demos faster but i only have 11gb left of free space on my ps3... is it ok for me do install or will it cause problems due to no space, like game freezes or something?

Do it if you want. But the down side of installing is that you don't have the memory to do really anything else. I would delete stuff that you don't really need anymore so you could have more memory.

You will need more space, trust me HDD don't work so well when you damn near fill them up. The more GB the HDD is the more GB of reserve space you will need for it to keep function properly and not get ridiculously slow when seeking for data. GT5 is over 8GB of data with an extra 2 GB added over the course of a year...I suggest you create more space, like removing games you do not play anymore data, many games take up 2-5GB of data. Or the alternative is to get a much larger HDD, I use a 160GB drive and I am down to 20GB, I won't be adding monstrous games but I won't be going below 10GB of space left just like a PC your PS3 does allocate some HDD space to utilize when running games so never fill you HDD beyond 80-85% of capacity.

i heard one can get a 250 GB drive into the ps3, but i don´t know who can do me that, or where do i have to take or send my ps3...

anybody knows?

Getting a new HDD is a good solution, any 2.5"SATA will work in a PS3, so back up your data on a separate drive and put the new one in. There are tutorials on Youtube if you need help, but after I got GT5, I bought a 320gb to replace the 60gb I had, but I recently got a slim and for some reason it won't work in that, but it's got a 160gb stock.

i heard one can get a 250 GB drive into the ps3, but i don´t know who can do me that, or where do i have to take or send my ps3...

anybody knows?

You can do it yourself. All you need is is the new HDD and a small screwdriver to open the panel and take the old HDD out of the tray and replace.

The only thing I would say you have to be carefull of is that you dont strip the screwheads.

Yeah but before you do save your game data to a USB stick, otherwise you lose everything, learnt that the hard way, its not the lack of progress that sucked but losing all my tunes etc

Back