PS3: GTA IV 1.06 Patch Released!

• Thread starter Turbo Lag
  • 22 comments

Turbo Lag

Premium
Australia
Melbourne
It's official, with the latest patch we now have online preferences! Many other features have also been fixed, some are:

- 50 Friends List bug fixed
- Online multiplayer game preferences (Friendly Fire, Auto Aim, Cops)
- Updated trophy list
- Apparently faster loading times everywhere, less lag
- Popular BDBII glitch fixed
- Car blip off glitch (unfortunately) fixed
- Other random glitches fixed
- New ads in Star Junction
- Blips CANNOT be turned off (unfortunately)

That's all people know of at the moment; I'll edit in any new features that people find.

Last edited:
Oh yay-no more complaining from you guys that I can't do the car blip glitch. Or any glitch, for that manner :(

Personally, I think we were better off before the patch. I don't like any of the new updates in this one. That's my opinion though... I'd rather have the 50 friend list problem. The multiplayer preferences are way too strict now.

Err, I dont think you understand this. This is what everyone has been waiting for. The preferences are just that, preferences, your preferences. You choose whether you want any of them On, Off, or dont mind.

Turbo Lag should make that clearer though.

Is it just me, or did the patch change the police coverage area indicator on the minimap? Post-patch it flashes red and blue, whereas before I could've sworn it only used to be blue, with no red :odd:

I can not believe this. I worked it out last night while hosting, you cant turn blips off in free mode. There goes thousands of hours of fun, thousands of different little games. (Exaggerations of course), you can only set them on or near. Near doesnt even work, the blips seem to show on regardless.

Is it just me, or did the patch change the police coverage area indicator on the minimap? Post-patch it flashes red and blue, whereas before I could've sworn it only used to be blue, with no red :odd:

It's just you... :P

OP updated.

Weird. When I first bumped into the rozzers post-patch I was wondering why the red had to be so dark... I'm telling you I'm not imagining things Turbo! :lol:

I thought there was new ads in the SJ though? I checked this morning and I saw some foreign ones.

@RockstarGames
Both versions will work RT @CmdrSquires I was wondering: to get the new GTA IV trophies, does it matter if you use the DLC or the EFLC disc?
I wonder if they've tested this. :lol:

Lol, fail if they didn't. I think the patch came out because they were originally releasing the DLC in the near future to incorporate it and also not let down the PS3 folk.

It's official, with the latest patch we now have online preferences! Many other features have also been fixed, some are:

- 50 Friends List bug fixed
- Online multiplayer game preferences (Friendly Fire, Auto Aim, Cops)
- Updated trophy list
- Apparently faster loading times everywhere, less lag
- Popular BDBII glitch fixed
- Car blip off glitch (unfortunately) fixed
- Other random glitches fixed
- New ads in Star Junction
- Blips CANNOT be turned off (unfortunately)

That's all people know of at the moment; I'll edit in any new features that people find.

Can anyone please explain what all of these mean?

Obviously if you dont know what it means it doesnt matter to you. All of those are things that people liked to do that were taken out with the patch (glitches, the bottom of the list). Dont worry about it, they arent there now so you dont need to know what they mean.

Is it something to do with stopping the playing moving all over the place when you shoot a rocket at the guy when online? I'm guessing so?

The only patch I really cared about is The BDB BUG (not glitch) would drop you back to single player when playing the co-op mission Bomb da Base II if at anytime during the game (even in the pregame lobby) someone quit or was kicked from the game.

It would also drop you if someone quit or was kicked after reaching the ship at any time prior to the mission ending-- this unfortunately made this game mode a griefer magnet... because even if you kicked the griefer, the game would still kick you (so the griefer wins)....

Because of this I never kicked griefers but would strive to make their life miserable... I even harrassed 2 guys for 45 minutes one time when they started griefing me-- I hijacked the van and parked it where they could not get into it-- then grabbed a heli and kept sniping them from a distance... griefers win if you quit.

Guys, do you know if the glitch where you wouldn't get any of the text messages to steal cars in single player is fixed?

Is that a confirmed glitch?? Did you answer the email (from brucie I think) to open that up??

On thing you can try is starting a new game, the loading your saved game to see if it fixes it-- I have no idea if that will work but it wouldn't hurt... this may be similar to some of the bugs they had in VC and III where previous game stuff carries over to new game when you start one game and load another or vice versa...

this is how the purple nines bug occurs in III (bad)-- if you start a new game from a loaded game where you have already wiped out the purple nines gang-- they will NOT ever spawn in your new game making it impossible to complete the mission where you wipe them out-- required to complete the story.

or in VC how you can get to the west island early by starting a mission and dying, pausing, and starting a new game then dying again-- the mission retry taxi will carry over to a new game and take you to the mission you were doing previously start point (good)

Last edited:
One very irritating thing they did not fix is if you disconnect from a game with friends, you STILL can't rejoin as it says you were kicked when you were just disconnected. Also, R* still hasn't sorted out their servers so NAT problems are still plenty and irritating if you're trying to play with some friends unless your NAT is perfect for how R* wants regardless of how well or not it works on other games.

What is this 'preferences' update? When I want to change auto-aim to free-aim and vice-versa it won't let me. :nervous:

You have to change it in Single Player and unfortunately it will stay as you choose it in single player for every game and you cant change it unless you go back to single player.

I dont know if that makes sense or not :D

As Legendary says, it can't be done in the lobby (weirdly and stupidly infact, but it's so other players who join are on the preferences they hope for) you have to go into the multiplayer menu on your phone during single player, scroll down to preferences and set the settings you want. Unfortunately that means if you want to change said settings, you have to go all the way back to single player and re-do it again to change it.

Back