PS3 locking up when viewing museum cards

Messages
578
Messages
YouBetterPayup
I have a question for you technical savy PS3 users out there.

Here is my issue:

When I am in the museum card section for Mercedes-Benz, only tickets upto 84 are highlighted. 9 out of 10 tries, if I click on any of the viewable 84 cards my GT5 will become unresponsive upon trying to exit. It goes to the pulsing grey Gt symbol and just sits there. The only way I can proceed is to press the PS button and quit game.

This does not happen for any other museum card brands, just Mercedes.


This is what I have done to try and fix the issue:

I deleted my save date file from this user. I then started GT5 and did all the intro stuff you must do the first time playing the game. I then exited GT5.

I then copied back my save game file and started GT5. Unfortunately, the same issue remains. I also lost most of the car thumbnails.....sonofa!!


Does this sound like corrupted game data? If so, is there a fix for the issue, without starting the game over?

I would have no problem removing GT5 from my PS3 & reinstalling it along with all the updates if any of you think that would be the solution. I would then want to reinstall the saved data file after all that is complete. The problem I see there, is if the actual saved data file is corrupt, would all of the work of removing & ireinstalling GT5 have any effect?


Any thoughts and/or advice is much appreciated.:cheers:

YBP
 
I have a question for you technical savy PS3 users out there.

Here is my issue:

When I am in the museum card section for Mercedes-Benz, only tickets upto 84 are highlighted. 9 out of 10 tries, if I click on any of the viewable 84 cards my GT5 will become unresponsive upon trying to exit. It goes to the pulsing grey Gt symbol and just sits there. The only way I can proceed is to press the PS button and quit game.

This does not happen for any other museum card brands, just Mercedes.


This is what I have done to try and fix the issue:

I deleted my save date file from this user. I then started GT5 and did all the intro stuff you must do the first time playing the game. I then exited GT5.

I then copied back my save game file and started GT5. Unfortunately, the same issue remains. I also lost most of the car thumbnails.....sonofa!!


Does this sound like corrupted game data? If so, is there a fix for the issue, without starting the game over?

I would have no problem removing GT5 from my PS3 & reinstalling it along with all the updates if any of you think that would be the solution. I would then want to reinstall the saved data file after all that is complete. The problem I see there, is if the actual saved data file is corrupt, would all of the work of removing & ireinstalling GT5 have any effect?


Any thoughts and/or advice is much appreciated.:cheers:

YBP

That sounds serious. I understood the problem and the issue. I checked my museum with different accounts. Everything is normal. No problems. For me it sounds like the game data is corrupt. In my opinion the display of the MCs doesn`t have to do anything with the savegame. The savegame only unlocks the possibilty to look at them. The easiest way: don`t look at the Mercedes cards.
Maybe ask Milouse who really is good in software matters. Logfiles etc.. and stuff... He should be able to analyse this issue lots better than me.

To put the game newly on the PS3 should be the last solution imo.

Sorry, that I can`t help more. Hope you get it fixed.

Best regards
 
Great news!!

The problem has fixed itself!! WOOhooo!!

I went into one of my other users & opened the Mercedes museum cards. No issue with locking up there.

Upon returning to my main account, I was able to scroll through the entire Mercedes museum list & exit with no problem.

Like ole Hannibal says, "I Love it when a plan comes together!"

thanks for looking :cheers:
 
Back