PS3 out for repairs!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Witt19
  • 13 comments
  • 976 views
Messages
3
Messages
Witt19
My PS3 had a break down last night :grumpy:. I was 65% - 70% complete GT5 and was told by Sony that I will lose everything I have. I'm looking for suggestions on speeding up my gaming process when I get my system back because I'm thinking I may lose interest if I have to start from scratch again and spend all of that time completing what I've already completed. Any suggestions? :)

Thank you in advance!!
 
I don't see how you can speed up your progress. The only way to get back to where you were is to complete what you've already completed. Just use what you've learnt by progressing to 65-70% previously to make sensible car buying decisions.
 
If you had it backed up on a USB you wont lose anything.
 
Thumb drive work for backup, how large of a drive am I looking at to back up? Since I can't keep the PS3 on to do anything at the moment are there no other options?
 
The save file is ~550 kbs

edit: not sure if Sony would be happy or not with this, but taking the hard drive out and keeping that might work, cant say for sure though.
 
Meanwhile, when you DO get it back, start off by doing as little as possible to get your L1 license, then go straight into the Seasonal Events. Quickest way to build credits and experience points. I'm sure someone here will be willing to help out with SE cars to help you get started.
 
The save file is ~550 kbs

edit: not sure if Sony would be happy or not with this, but taking the hard drive out and keeping that might work, cant say for sure though.

Then when you put it back in its gets wiped. You'd need to transfer the data before you get the PS3 back.

% complete I can't help you with. Duping will get you your garage, money, and levels.
 
Back it up before your PS3 dies, simple. Why would anyone NOT do this?
 
Bro I was at 30 30, and then YLOD. Bspec is your friend. Wake up, start next race, shower, start next race, breakfast, start next race, after work, start next race, _______, start next race, , start next race then sleep, lather, rinse...

If your PS3 only you will not loose interst, this game is flawed but awsome, like a hot girl with a horse laugh...that cooks.

I have like two back ups now.
 
My PS3 got the YLOD and I took it to a local guy. He charged £50 but he got it working again and I didn't lose any gamesaves at all.

I think it will knacker your warranty but my machine is so old now, that wasn't a concern for me.

Try googling for a local guy who does repairs.

Certainly worked for me!
 
What broke? if the HDD's fine, pull it and back it up - something either you or a computer shop can do, if the HDD died then you have to start from scratch unless you backed up before hand.

My HDD died before we could backup so I feel your pain - seasonals are your friend though.
 
Thanks all for the tips, I have learnt a few things.
One other questions - I had the code for pre-ordering GT5 to get the two free cars from Gamestop but do not have it anymore. Gamestop said that if they could give it to me they would but the code is invalid now, is this true?
 
Thanks all for the tips, I have learnt a few things.
One other questions - I had the code for pre-ordering GT5 to get the two free cars from Gamestop but do not have it anymore. Gamestop said that if they could give it to me they would but the code is invalid now, is this true?

I believe the code is/was only good until Jan. 31st.
 
Gamestop said that if they could give it to me they would but the code is invalid now, is this true?

They expired on the 31st
 
Back