PS3 Sound delay using HDMI

• Thread starter Adam41
  • 5 comments
England
England
WilliamsJIM_Adam
I've copied my post from another forum so I just thought I'd post it here to get any additional help.

"I have had slight sound delays (of around half a second) ever since I put sound and video through my HDMI Cable. I have a LG 32LH3000 1080p LCD TV and use the TV's speakers to output the sound (i.e. no cinema sound system).

When I go to Sound Settings > Audio Output Settings > HDMI and select Automatic, the formats are:

Dolby Digital 5.1 Ch.
Linear PCM 2 Ch. 44.1 kHz
Linear PCM 2 Ch. 48 kHz
Linear PCM 2 Ch. 96 kHz
Linear PCM 2 Ch. 192 kHz

These were the settings ever since I plugged in my HDMI cable. I am afraid to select Manual and change the settings as it says it could damage the speakers. I have checked the sound settings of the TV and nothing really obvious stands out to me to change."

Even though it is a small delay, it really is annoying. For example, when you go over a rumble strip, and you're still hearing the sound of rolling over it even though you're not on it.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

Well since you don't have a surround sound reciever you should go select the manual option and select all of the sound formats you have listed in your post except for Dolby Digital 5.1. You can also check the sound settings in your game to see if you can calibrate lag or a similar option.

You can always disable different audio formats to see if they work better for you. If none of these options work then you can always use the PS3 AV cable just for audio(the audio jacks are the white and red ones) or you could use a optical audio cable. The optical audio cable can output up to 5.1 surround sound.

Thanks Nick. 👍 All I had to do was disable the Dolby Digital 5.1 Ch. sound format and the sound delay seems to have disappeared. :)

I couldn't actually find my manual Sureboss. :lol: When I do though I'll be sure to have a read of it and see if I can improve the sound quality (if it's even possible with the automatic selected settings of the HDMI cable).

offtopic: is it possibile that a HDMI cable by Sony costs only 2 dollars on amazon??? and it is BRAND NEW. It sounds great but not very convincing, I don't know... do you have any clues?

The price and quality of the cable does not matter when it comes to HDMI. You can easily order a cable for a cent off of amazon such as this one and you will be hard pressed to find the differences in quality. Since the format is digital you don't have to worry about the quality like you would have to with composite and component AV cables; which let out a analog signal.

Back