PS3 suffered the RBLOD - lost my GT6 saves *general rant*

  • Thread starter Thread starter chron
  • 10 comments
  • 1,131 views
Messages
17
United States
PNW
So my fatbody PS3 died a horrible death without any warning beforehand. Unfortunately the last backup of my GT6 save was from 2.5 months ago. Considering how many hours I've lost I think I'm done with this game. The only use I can see for it now is to practice learning the Nurburgring for when I go back there next year. I LOATHE the idea of grinding for credits. Anyone else gone through something similar to this? Time for another drink and some VLN on YouTube... :irked:
 
Yep, my fat PS3 died when i played GT5, didn't even bothered with the game again. I'm about to sell my PS3 super slim anyway.
 
So my fatbody PS3 died a horrible death without any warning beforehand. Unfortunately the last backup of my GT6 save was from 2.5 months ago. Considering how many hours I've lost I think I'm done with this game. The only use I can see for it now is to practice learning the Nurburgring for when I go back there next year. I LOATHE the idea of grinding for credits. Anyone else gone through something similar to this? Time for another drink and some VLN on YouTube... :irked:
It would be a good idea to always backup your game saves to a USB because when your PS3 died and the many hours you have lost would not be lost if you use a USB. 👍
I always backup my saves before I turn off my PS3 because you never know when the PS3 is going to not work again.
 
Last edited:
Nope, haven't went through anything like this as I backup my save daily to prevent problems like this from happening. Its unfortunate that this has happened to you, but its hard for me to feel sorry for people like you that don't backup more frequently, or not at all in some cases, when its such an easy and inexpensive thing to do. If I had a dime for every thread I've seen like this where people are ranting and upset because they lost their save, I'd be a very rich man right now. :lol:
 
So my fatbody PS3 died a horrible death without any warning beforehand. Unfortunately the last backup of my GT6 save was from 2.5 months ago. Considering how many hours I've lost I think I'm done with this game. The only use I can see for it now is to practice learning the Nurburgring for when I go back there next year. I LOATHE the idea of grinding for credits. Anyone else gone through something similar to this? Time for another drink and some VLN on YouTube... :irked:
I felt the same way when this happened to me, losing 4 months plus of GT6 saves and a bunch of other games I never backed up, then eventually, I started from scratch, and golded some events I didn't the first time around... On the plus side you only have lost 2.5 months, and probably don't need to redo all the early, boring races I've had to do.

It would be a good idea to always backup your game saves to a USB because when your PS3 died and the many hours you have lost would not be lost if you use a USB. 👍
I always backup my saves before I turn off my PS3 because you never know when the PS3 is going to not work again.
👍
that's what I did after my HDD went corrupt, now I'm saving regularly @chron

Nope, haven't went through anything like this as I backup my save daily to prevent problems like this from happening. Its unfortunate that this has happened to you, but its hard for me to feel sorry for people like you that don't backup more frequently, or not at all in some cases, when its such an easy and inexpensive thing to do. If I had a dime for every thread I've seen like this where people are ranting and upset because they lost their save, I'd be a very rich man right now. :lol:
meh, honestly, at most $2.00 LOL
 
My "Fatty" Died during GT5. I had to use the hairdryer trick to bring it back to life long enough to save the data to a USB. It did melt some of the outer casing though. So only do this if you really must! (It's not always guaranteed to work.Then went a bought a Slim. I was quite dissapointed as I really prefer the look of the Fatty.
 
My fat PS3 started to give YLOD issues while I played License B-9 of GT5. I get gold and it suddenly shuts off. But in GT6, it also started to give the same thing in April 17th and realized that something wasn't right... :(
 
I think I'll backup my replay files tonight...
 
Buy a Xbox.
 
I felt the same way when this happened to me, losing 4 months plus of GT6 saves and a bunch of other games I never backed up, then eventually, I started from scratch, and golded some events I didn't the first time around... On the plus side you only have lost 2.5 months, and probably don't need to redo all the early, boring races I've had to do.


👍
that's what I did after my HDD went corrupt, now I'm saving regularly @chron


meh, honestly, at most $2.00 LOL

Yea, and that can probably be found under the cushions of your couch or La Z Boy chair. ;) Anyway, there is really no excuse.....except for being lazy maybe.
 
Back