Ps4 and Ps5 simultaneous play

• Thread starter Mike77779
  • 8 comments
United States
United States
I purchased GT7 which included both the ps4 and Ps5 version. I am trying to play the game on both consoles at the same time, but receive the following error when starting GT7 on the second console. Would I need another PSN account to make this work?

“ An attempt to connect to the game server from another PlayStation®5
console or PlayStation®4 console has been detected. You cannot use the
same account to connect to multiple PlayStation®5 consoles or
PlayStation®4 consoles simultaneously. Please wait while the previous
connection is terminated.
[CE-2107A0]”

I am trying to play the game on both consoles at the same time, but receive the following error when starting GT7 on the second console. Would I need another PSN account to make this work?
Yes.

You would have to buy the game again under the other account.

Jerome

You would have to buy the game again under the other account.

Jerome
If he's running the PS4 copy on one console and the PS5 copy on the other, I can't see this being the case.

In GTS my son and I played with the same PS4 copy on my PS5 and his PS4 I gave him. He has his own user name/account but on my PS+ account. The only interruption I get is when he initially logs in when I'm playing a game but it's brief.

We play a lot of games together like this or even playing the same game at the same time but on our own. Lets be clear though... I'm not talking about having to pay for another PS+ subscription. We are both on the same one. I'm talking about separate user names / accounts.

If he's running the PS4 copy on one console and the PS5 copy on the other, I can't see this being the case.
Yes, true if he has physical discs. I'll be honest, I haven't tried so don't listen to me :lol:

Jerome

You will need to activate the main PSN account that owns the game on the 2nd console. - Find that somewhere in the settings of the console to do this
Download the game to that console
Start the game on 2nd console then close it.
Log out and log in the secondary psn account.
Start GT7 on both consoles under seperate accounts and prosper

Last edited:
Back