PS4 and TV incompatibility

• Thread starter Napalm_LT
  • 4 comments
Lithuania
Lithuania
Sorry if that were mentioned somewhere, I haven't found.

I received my new PS4 Pro yesterday, connected it to my old Philips TV (9 class, about 8 years old :) ) with PS4 HDMI cable, but there were no picture and TV shows "there is no video signal". Connected PS4 to the PC monitor with same cable and everything were OK. Thought problem were because PS4 was new and needed some set up. Connected it back to TV, but there were no picture again. Thought PS4 cable is to smart for my TV and get another HDMI cable - 10 m long fat one (I am not sure, but think it is 1.4 version) and everything were OK with this one. Tried other 3 cables I have (one of them was original PS3 cable), but no one worked (all of them works fine with PS3 on the same TV).
Thought I have problem with Pro and TV incompatibility, which I red about on the net, but one of the cables working, so I don't think this mentioned issue.

Connected PS4 to my another TV (8 years old 6 class Samsung) with PS4 cable and everything worked :)

Does anybody have any ideas what problem I have? I would like shorter cable, because don't have space for that 10 m long python :)

Ever since system update 4.70, I have been having an intermittent problem with the HDMI outputting sound but no video if my PS4 Slim is turned on after my monitor. If I power cycle the monitor or turn it on after the PS4, then it works every time. I had absolutely zero problems until the moment the PS4 restarted after installing the update.

My guess is that you're experiencing a similar system software issue, not a hardware issue. Maybe you can get around it like I do by turning your TV off and on again after turning on the PS4?

I am starting PS4 at first, then TV starts automatically (also with cables which doesn't work - PS4 turns TV on, but TV shows "no video signal"). Tried turn of/on TV, but it didn't work.
As I mentioned before, everything OK with that long cable.

Back