[PS4] CORE Nurburgring 24 Hours 2016

• Thread starter ItzRacing
  • 15 comments
Australia
Murray Bridge
ItzRacing
XozBkc.jpg

In February of 2014, 9 teams from around the world came together at a forest in Germany. Weaving throughout that forest, was a circle of road no wider than three meters. The Green Hell. Over 140 corners spanning over 15 miles. The teams lined up in double file. The two Mercedes, red and blue, led the way. Slowly, they worked their way around the track. As the pace car peeled into the pits, the green flag was shown. The drivers revved their engines and they were gone. Racing at the limit for the next 24 hours. This wasn’t a test of endurance, this was a test of speed. Who dared to push the boundaries, and who pushed too far. It wasn’t until the very last seconds that the winners emerged: The blue and yellow Audi saw the flag before all others.

Mere hours after the race had finished, the teams were raring to go again, and so they did. One year later, the teams lined up and began their first trip around the track. Some were veterans who wore battle scars from the previous year’s event. The others were rookies, raring to pit themselves against the very best. And so, like clockwork, the green flag fell again and the cars sped off. Each team met their own issues throughout the race. Some tired from fatigue, some made rookie mistakes, and some tested their luck and took it too far. Each team had a shot at the victory at different points in this race. Some fell back in the night, only to surge back past their rivals when the sun came up. We waited eagerly for the fog to clear. And then from the Green Hell emerged the white BMW, waving the flag of Australia.

Now it’s time for the third chapter in this epic story, and you can be a part of it. We are seeking expressions of interest from teams that wish to compete in the 2016 Nurburgring 24 Hours on either GT6 or Project Cars. If you are interested in signing your team up, post on this thread so the team at CORE can make sure the Nurburgring 24h returns to the calendar for 2016.

I guess it's Project C.A.R.S on the Playstation we're talking about?

(I bought it on the PC and it rocks but it doesn't include the full 24h Nürburgring circuit, only the Nordschleife or the Grand Prix separated).

I guess it's Project C.A.R.S on the Playstation we're talking about?

(I bought it on the PC and it rocks but it doesn't include the full 24h Nürburgring circuit, only the Nordschleife or the Grand Prix separated).

Precisely, hence the top logo only displaying the Nordschleife

How are you going to configure the lobby? The game still doesn't support endurance race mode (i.e. no time limit configurable) nor does it support "track day" mode as used by GTP Endurance Series

Nevertheless, myself and my team are interested, whether on GT6 or pCARS

How are you going to configure the lobby? The game still doesn't support endurance race mode (i.e. no time limit configurable) nor does it support "track day" mode as used by GTP Endurance Series

Nevertheless, myself and my team are interested, whether on GT6 or pCARS

I don't know if you noticed, but last years N24 was originally set for 200 laps. So my assumption will be that we would just setup the race for 200-250 laps and then end the race just like was done last year at the planned finishing time.

To help keep track of what teams are interesing in racing, can I please ask everyone to fill out the sign up form for their team. Please put whether you will race on GT6 or PCARS in the class section. If you will race both, then fill the form out twice. This will be solely to help us determine which teams will be able to race on each platform.

image-jpeg.468079

CORE would like to announce that following the period of expressions of interest for both a GT6 and a Project Cars Nurburgring 24 Hour race, that the decision has made to continue using GT6 platform for the 2016 running of the event.

We ask that the managers of all the interested teams begin assembling their teams and drivers in preparation for the beginning of the VLN series at the start of December.

We will be finalising details for the running of the race, including car lists, VLN formats and other regulations in the coming weeks.

Link to CORE Nuburgring 24 Hours GT6 Thread

Last edited:
Too bad I just saw this. I hope it'll be back on pcars for ps4 too now that we have 24h timed races and the game is getting more and more stable.

XozBkc.jpg

In February of 2014, 9 teams from around the world came together at a forest in Germany. Weaving throughout that forest, was a circle of road no wider than three meters. The Green Hell. Over 140 corners spanning over 15 miles. The teams lined up in double file. The two Mercedes, red and blue, led the way. Slowly, they worked their way around the track. As the pace car peeled into the pits, the green flag was shown. The drivers revved their engines and they were gone. Racing at the limit for the next 24 hours. This wasn’t a test of endurance, this was a test of speed. Who dared to push the boundaries, and who pushed too far. It wasn’t until the very last seconds that the winners emerged: The blue and yellow Audi saw the flag before all others.

Mere hours after the race had finished, the teams were raring to go again, and so they did. One year later, the teams lined up and began their first trip around the track. Some were veterans who wore battle scars from the previous year’s event. The others were rookies, raring to pit themselves against the very best. And so, like clockwork, the green flag fell again and the cars sped off. Each team met their own issues throughout the race. Some tired from fatigue, some made rookie mistakes, and some tested their luck and took it too far. Each team had a shot at the victory at different points in this race. Some fell back in the night, only to surge back past their rivals when the sun came up. We waited eagerly for the fog to clear. And then from the Green Hell emerged the white BMW, waving the flag of Australia.

Now it’s time for the third chapter in this epic story, and you can be a part of it. We are seeking expressions of interest from teams that wish to compete in the 2016 Nurburgring 24 Hours on either GT6 or Project Cars. If you are interested in signing your team up, post on this thread so the team at CORE can make sure the Nurburgring 24h returns to the calendar for 2016.
Too bad I just saw this. I hope it'll be back on pcars for ps4 too now that we have 24h timed races and the game is getting more and more stable.

If this is actually 24hrs then count me in.

Sorry, this was an expression of interest thread to help the organisers decide between running a race on Project Cars, or GT6. There was more interest for a gt6 event so we decided to hold the event on GT6

Yeah that is saddening but many do not want to move from gt6 no matter how much of a better sim/racing they get on PCars.

Seems people got to love the bugged physics and completely wrong tuning options and behaviour.

Yeah that is saddening but many do not want to move from gt6 no matter how much of a better sim/racing they get on PCars.

Seems people got to love the bugged physics and completely wrong tuning options and behaviour.

Assetto Corsa is coming soon with a completely laser scanned Nurburgring N24 layout, the future is exciting :)

Assetto Corsa is coming soon with a completely laser scanned Nurburgring N24 layout, the future is exciting :)
Not sure i'll invest in that too... Work issues and here gmes are 70 frigging euros O_o

Next buys may be the division or Dark Souls 3....

Back