PS4 Default car setups...

• Thread starter Orayani
  • 8 comments
Scotland
UK
voofx
Are they poor? I haven't dabbled with any of the setups yet but I feel like miss daisy online as people fly by me. That and I haven't driven every car or gotten to know each car either. Though I really loved the GT2 class with the BMW hounding down the Ferrari 458. It was right on the bumper through most of the corners but gets obliterated on every straight. I'm also running out of fuel a lot... 7 laps out of 8 on Spa I ran out of fuel with the default 30 fuel in a McLaren. I cannot remember what it said but is the number litres or laps? I wasn't screaming the gears in any form.

The amount of fuel in the setup window is in liters. I don't drive the GT2 much at all, but from what I understand, the Ferrari is the faster car on straights, but the BMW takes corners much quicker.

I tried out the Lotus Type 49 on Nordschliefe for the first time this weekend (just bought the game). It only had 30 liters of fuel by default. I changed it to 126 liters! Are all the cars set up with a limited fuel load for testing purposes?

I tried out the Lotus Type 49 on Nordschliefe for the first time this weekend (just bought the game). It only had 30 liters of fuel by default. I changed it to 126 liters! Are all the cars set up with a limited fuel load for testing purposes?
All the cars have 30 litres, it is up to us to put the amount of fuel that we see fit for what we are going to do next before leaving the pits.
@Orayani Spa laps are very long, on more conventional tracks 11 to 12 laps is what 30 litres usually let you do, after 2 laps if you go in the pits and try to add fuel, it will automatically tell you how many laps you can do with a particular amount of fuel, that if you drive the same way as your fuel consumption will vary wildly on certain car if you drive more aggressively

Last edited:
Cote Dazur, thank you for that information. I've always guessed or just put a full fuel load in for other games in the past GT5/6, Grand Prix Legends and others.

Cote Dazur, thank you for that information. I've always guessed or just put a full fuel load in for other games in the past GT5/6, Grand Prix Legends and others.
As @Cote Dazur pointed out, the game likes to provide you with only 30 liters by default...so, if you're going to take that car out for a 10 lap race against the AI or human opponents, you better know how many liters per lap that particular car consumes.

You don't want to run out of fuel on the final lap of the race like I've done multiple times. :lol: And you don't want to carry too heavy of a fuel load compared to everyone else on the track. That Lotus Type 49 is so much fun to drive. Actually, I'm not sure if I ever drove that one around Nordschleife. Hmm...I'll have to look at my records.

Back in 1998 when Grand Prix Legends came out I preferred the Lotus on a couple tracks. It just felt better on a couple tracks compared to my alternate car, the Gurney Eagle. I have many years of slipping it around Watkins Glen and Monza, the 2 tracks I went negative on with the Lotus. Negative being better than the benchmark :)

All the cars have 30 litres, it is up to us to put the amount of fuel that we see fit for what we are going to do next before leaving the pits.
@Orayani Spa laps are very long, on more conventional tracks 11 to 12 laps is what 30 litres usually let you do, after 2 laps if you go in the pits and try to add fuel, it will automatically tell you how many laps you can do with a particular amount of fuel, that if you drive the same way as your fuel consumption will vary wildly on certain car if you drive more aggressively

I was dialling in a McLaren 650 GT3 setup on Spa the last few nights due to no internet/phone for the last 4 days. I ran out of fuel in a 10 lap race with 35L just after the very last corner and rolled over the line. Looks like 38 - 40L maybe go with 40L for Spa... I really loved the feeling setting up that McLaren. No horrible oversteer/understeer through Eau Rouge, Pouhon and Blanchimont or feeling skittish in the chicane in 1st gear with no Traction Control or ABS. Damn I love this game so much with the Alcantara/T300 it felt so good! Sadly the BMW left me for dust then a huge gap to 3rd...

Curious, has people made setups for every car and every track so they don't get thrashed online? I have only two setups that are not too bad so far but thats a lot of work to approach every car for every track for online racing. Considering there will always be some who has nicked your favourite car for that track. ;)

Another thing that really cheeses me off this goes back to rFactor. I've found I had nice car setups that worked for me then my driving style seems to have changed and the setups feel heavy on understeer and no longer feels like I created it. What the heck...

Back