[PS4] Dirt Rally and G29 Issue since last Update

• Thread starter Robbks
  • 2 comments
Australia
Tasmania
RobUrabus
My PS4 applied a system update last night,
After which my brand new G29 lost it's resistance to turning when playing DR
All the FFB effects still work, there's just no static weight to the wheel in-game.

Has anyone else have this issue since the last update (1/8/2017)

Have restarted everything, disconnected, re-connected, re-calibrated, no change.

G29 user with latest PS4 update here, no issues.

Though I did encounter a strange instance yesterday when the console shut down (aka went to sleep after inactivity) and upon resuming the wheel had a tremendous amount of FFB compared to prior use. It wasn't bad FFB, but the wheel had a lot of weight and was generally harder to turn. I checked all the in-game settings and nothing was changed (I run everything all default and on sim mode). I wound up restarting the entire PS4 and everything was back to normal.

Hope your issue resolves.

So i persevered with the game for a few stages,
Just increased the self aligning torque and overall wheel weight to maximum and it was ok to drive.

I left the game in between stages for a few minutes at one point, the PS4 beeped, shut itself down, rebooted, and when I re-loaded the game it was all back to normal.....

I suspect there was a silent update somewhere that broke it,
and conversely a silent hotfix applied, it's all back to normal again.

but there was not an issue playing Pcars, still the same lifeless FFB, an inability to catch a slide that exists in that game (with the most over-complicated FFB system I've ever seen)

Latest Posts

Back