PS4 DS4 control pushing to left on straightsPS4 

• Thread starter Big Alex
  • 5 comments
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
Hi all,

One of my PS4 DS4 control is slightly pushing to the left on straights. I need to keep correcting the car and this already costed me some accidents.

Does anybody know if there is a fix for this, I mean, even opening the control and cleaning it? Or should I just increase the deadzone?

Thanks in advance,

regards

I have a controller here with a bit of drift on the left thumbstick and if I just add a small bit (say 1%) of deadzone the drift is gone. I don't notice the reduction in lock-to-lock and it saves me from getting a new controller or opening it up. 👍

I have the same problem on my Xbox One controller, it will randomly jerk to the left sometimes, but the worst part is, when holding the left thumbstick to the right the in-game wheel will randomly center which has led to plently of accidents & costing me races.

My guess is it's age being 4 years old, how old is your controller?

My DS4 is close enough to new, almost one year old at this point and not abused, but zero deadzone is too low for mine. I have the steering deadzone set to 5 and it still responds to the slightest tilt beyond its on-middle tolerance.

Back