PS4 Elite Formula Gulf Championship - Sonoma - Tuesday 8:00 US ESTFinished 

• Thread starter Chad151515
  • 40 comments
United States
United States
Chadbaseball15
Elite Project Cars Racing Leage
EliteFormulaGulfChampionship.simdif.com

Welcome to the Elite Project Cars Racing League. The League has been newly formed and we currently offer two competitive championships to compete in. In this thread we will focus on the Formula Gulf Championship.

The Championship

- The championship consists of 12 rounds using the Formula Gulf chassis

- The rounds are held every Tuesday at 9 PM US Eastern Time. The day of the week will never change for these rounds.

- The race distances are designed to have the rounds last roughly 45 minutes. Doubleheaders will last roughly 1 hour and 10 minutes combined.

- There are no required pit stops in this championship BUT tire wear will be set to x2 will fuel usage set to real.

Car Setup

- Setups are allowed for this league.

- No driver assists

Practice

- Practice will be scheduled between 30 minutes - 1 Hour depending on the demand.

Single Round Qualifying

- Round 1 of qualifying will be 15 minutes and will use the in game qualifying session.

- In single round qualifying 1 point will be awarded to the driver who wins pole position.

Doubleheader Qualifying

- Race 1 of the doubleheader will have one 15 minute round will all drivers eligible to compete.

- Race 1 will award 1 point for pole position.

- Race 2 of the doubleheader will have the field inverted from results of race 1 (For example if you finish last in race 1 you will start on pole for race 2). Race 2 will not offer a point for pole position.

Race Control

A1 - This championship will utilize a safety car/caution if needed. Cautions will be called when there is at least one car stopped or turned around because of an incident with another competitor and it results in damage. All cautions will be reviewed at the end of the race. If race control has decided that the incident did not merit a caution then the person who called the caution will be penalized. If race control feels as though a driver caused a caution on purpose to better their chances at success in the race they will be penalized.

A2 - Cautions in the second half of a race will be called for accidents of 3 or more cars that result in damage. Any lapped cars involved will not be allowed to get their lap back - regardless of whether or not the accident was their fault.

A3 - There will be no cautions in the last 5 laps of the race

B1 - If a driver has caused multiple incidents that were avoidable they will serve a green flag pass through pit lane. If the issue continues that driver will be kicked and banned for 1 race.
B2 - If a driver is either jumping or causing contact on restarts it is in race controls discretion to either send the driver to the rear of the field or to restart from pit lane.

C1 - The start of the race will be double file with the leader choosing the side he would like to start on. All restarts will be single file.

C2 - Caution speed is 65 MPH unless race control decides otherwise.

D1 - Any lapped cars must move over and slow down to allow faster lead lap cars to pass. If the lead lap car is .5 seconds behind you must allow the car to pass. If the lapped car catches and passes a lead lap car they can continue on.

D2 - On the lap before a restart all drivers who are not on the lead lap will be allowed to get 1 lap back. When the leader hits the mark on the course selected by race control, the drivers who are down a lap or laps will be given room to accelerate and pass the leaders. If these drivers reach the back of the field before the restart they must slow to 65 MPH or will be forced to give their lap back.

D3 - Any lapped car that makes contact with another car while making their way around for their lap will be disqualified.

D4 - Lapped cars taking their lap back under caution must not advance their position under caution. They must start at the rear of the field. Even if you over take a car on pit road during a caution getting your lap back you must give the position back to them unless they are a lapped car as well.

E1 - Car "resets" are not to be used unless a vehicle is upside down, or stuck on a wall or object for a minimum of 5 seconds. Any car caught resetting without meeting the criteria just explained will be disqualified from the race. This rule is in place because avoiding damage is unfair, and a car appearing on track can disrupt other drivers.

E2 - Any car using a reset is responsible for making sure the track is clear, if a driver resets in front of another car and causes that driver to lose time or crash as a result, the incident will be reviewed and a penalty for the resetting car will be assessed based on severity.

Championship Points System

1st - 50

2nd - 40

3rd - 35

4th - 32

5th - 30

6th - 28

7th - 26

8th - 24

9th - 22

10th - 20

11th - 19

12th - 18

13th - 17

14th - 16

15th - 15

16th - 14

- 1 point will be awarded for pole position for single round races and race 1 of doubleheaders

A1 - In the event of a driver missing a race, the driver will be awarded points for 2 finishing positions below their current point standings position. (Example : If your current points position is 3rd, you will receive 5th place points for the missed race)

A2 - No provisional points will be given within the first 3 races of the season (points races only). Only 1 provisional is allowed per driver, per season.

A3 - Races missed before the 4th points race, and any additional races missed after the use of a provisional will result in 1 position behind last place points in the race. (Example : 8 cars start a race, drivers that didn`t race will receive 9th place points)

A4 - If a driver misses 3 consecutive races, no further points will be given to that driver, until they race again.

A5 - Drivers who join the series late will start 25 points behind the last active driver in the standings. An active driver is anyone who has not passed the 3 race limit for missed races.

A6 - Drivers that start the race, but leave the lobby or get disconnected, will receive last place points at the time they leave.

Lobby

- The Lobby will open roughly 10 minutes before 9 PM so drivers can be given a chance to run some extra practice laps.

Schedule

Round 1 - Formula Gulf Grand Prix of San Marino - Imola/30 Laps
Round 2 - 30 Laps of Le Mans - Le Man Bugatti/30 Laps
Round 3 - The Duels at the Glen Race 1 - Watkins Glen GP/25 Laps
Round 4 - The Duels at the Glen Race 2 - Watkins Glen Short/20 Laps
Round 5 - Wisconsin Grand Prix at Road America - Road America/20 Laps
Round 6 - Formula Gulf Grand Prix of New Zealand - Ruapuna Park/30 Laps
Round 7 - The British Formula Gulf Grand Prix - Silverstone International/35 Laps
Round 8 - The Grand Prix of Oschersleben - Oschersleben/34 Laps
Round 9 - The Mojave 100 - Coyote Noose/100 Laps
Round 10 - Formula Gulf Grand Prix of China - Zhuhi/28 laps
Round 11 - Formula Gulf Grand Prix of Sonoma - Sonoma GP/34 Laps
Round 12 - Formula Gulf World Championship - Mazda Raceway/40 Laps

PSN CHADBASEBALL15

Last edited:
Elite Project Cars Racing League

Welcome to the Elite Project Cars Racing League. The League has been newly formed and we currently offer three competitive championships to compete in. In this thread we will focus on the Formula Gulf Championship.

The Championship

- The championship consists of 9 rounds using the Formula Gulf.
- The rounds are held every Tuesday at 9 PM US Eastern Time. The day of the week will never change for these rounds.
- The race distances are designed to have the rounds last roughly 45 minutes.
- ONLY BASIC SETUPS are allowed for this championship. For example fuel loads, tire pressure and basic aero can be adjusted. This series is meant for close competition and for the results to show the driver with the best skill and not the best setup.
- The Lobby will open roughly 10 minutes before 9 PM so drivers can be given a chance to run some extra practice laps.

GamerTag - Chadbaseball15
I have a F4/formula gulf serie running already with 12 signups... you may think of joining up. Today we have a test race and next week we start. Take a look at it you might be lucky with the time we race, else GL in your effort :)

sadly the amount of drivers is decreasing day by day on project cars :(

I have a F4/formula gulf serie running already with 12 signups... you may think of joining up. Today we have a test race and next week we start. Take a look at it you might be lucky with the time we race, else GL in your effort :)

sadly the amount of drivers is decreasing day by day on project cars :(

I have some drivers who run every week just are not on GTplanet. Good Luck with your League!

Hey @Chad151515 im tomorrow night can i join? If so what track? So i can get some practice in tonight

Yes sir! Doubleheader at Silverstone
Race 1 Silverstone International 28 laps
- Lobby opens around 8:40 with Qualifying at 9

We will then have a 10 minute break/practice before race 2

Race 2 Silverstone National 28 laps
- Starting positions will be the results of race 1 inverted

All times are US Eastern

So im definitely racing next round, was caught in work. So what is it F4 or Indy, cause you say Round 2 but op is up to R9 no?

Season 1 ended last week. Round 1 of season 2 was this past Tuesday. Round 2 will be Tuesday at 9 pm US Eastern. I run the Elite IndyCar series on Fridays and we are also on round 2 for that. The IndyCar league I had 15 drivers last week and should be close to that again. The Gulf championship, I have around 8-9 every round.

Season 1 ended last week. Round 1 of season 2 was this past Tuesday. Round 2 will be Tuesday at 9 pm US Eastern. I run the Elite IndyCar series on Fridays and we are also on round 2 for that. The IndyCar league I had 15 drivers last week and should be close to that again. The Gulf championship, I have around 8-9 every round.
Cool, so where is round 2? Do u have a calendar? I think i can run friday where is round 2 for that? Wanna get some practice in.

@Chad151515 thanks, btw I did take pole do i get an extra point? I see that rounds 3 and 4 are both at the Glen (my home track, not really just the same state) so wouldn't it be better to hold a doubleheader instead? Since its the same location for two rounds? This is just my thoughts and will race where ever race control decides.

@Devilb0y You were given the point for your pole. Race 1 will be on the long course and race 2 will be on the short course. It is a doubleheader, that is why its called the Duels at the Glen! Been going to the Glen since 1999 and haven`t missed a Cup race since!!

There have been 20 drivers receiving points after 4 rounds. The top 10 are as follows:

1st-chadbaseball15
2nd-Devilb0yace
3rd-Dark_Redslayer
4th-NGR_Dennis
5th-Speed99Max
6th-Krobs
7th-Ruffneck
8th-bri bond
9th-Tv
10th-Veal

Last edited:
Back