PS4, G29, How to adjust degree of rotation?

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Apologies if this has already came up before but I couldn’t find a definitive answer. I recently picked up the G29 and really enjoying it so far. Only problem I’m stumped with is how to adjust the degree of rotation on the PS4 version of Assetto Corsa.
I’m driving the Ferrari SF70H from the Ferrari 70th anniversary pack but the steering is far too sensitive where the degrees are off and not a 1:1 representstion of where my wheel is.
Has anyone else come across this and perhaps found a solution?

Many thanks

Have you made custom button settings for the G29? If so, then it sounds like a bug (not 100% sure though). @MarcoM can explain more...

VBR
Have you made custom button settings for the G29? If so, then it sounds like a bug (not 100% sure though). @MarcoM can explain more...

Maybe I’m just missing something. I know the menu options are very limited compared to the PC counterpart but surely something like the degrees of rotation should be a pretty important setting that should be there?
I did read there was a bug previously where if you had problems with the DOR you had to come out from the game and restart otherwise it would carry over settings from other cars?

As you say, just quit game and reboot and you should be good to go.

You can change the d.o.r manually via wheel settings if you look around the menus but this should properly be set and left at "none" or "900degrees" for the G29 as when the game works properly it will then alter the rotation of every car to suit and make it 1:1 with your wheel.

As you say, just quit game and reboot and you should be good to go.

You can change the d.o.r manually via wheel settings if you look around the menus but this should properly be set and left at "none" or "900degrees" for the G29 as when the game works properly it will then alter the rotation of every car to suit and make it 1:1 with your wheel.

Thank you for your help. I’ll have another play around later on and see if restarting fixes things

Options>Video>Virtual wheel rotation limit=off.

Have not re-assigned any buttons so don't know how that may affect things but a game restart (which is happily pretty quick for this game) always clears any d.o.r issue I may occasionally have.

Options>Video>Virtual wheel rotation limit=off.

Have not re-assigned any buttons so don't know how that may affect things but a game restart (which is happily pretty quick for this game) always clears any d.o.r issue I may occasionally have.

Think I’ve got to the bottom of it. Whenever you make any force feedback changes whilst in Practice mode and on track, immediately after returning to the game the DOR is completely screwed up. If I tweak the force feedback settings from the main menu and then go to practice and load up the car and track everything works as it should

@Matt Stephens , that is exactly the DOR problem. If you open the controller configuration screen, and if you then afterwards use a race car type of car, then the DOR happens. It is not just a visual thing. The car reacts way to much on your input.

Resolution: Exit the game and restart it. And DO NOT go to control settings again, because that again will inflict the DOR problem. So if you need to make changes to the controller settings, then you have to exit the game and restart.

Very ugly, very in your face too. I logged it twice with Kunos / 505 games. Basically they said to go @#$@ myself.

Shame about the otherwise very excellent physics and FFback in the game.

Oh and I did not change any DOR myself. All default. AC sorts out itself what the DOR is for each car, as it should.

@Matt Stephens , that is exactly the DOR problem. If you open the controller configuration screen, and if you then afterwards use a race car type of car, then the DOR happens. It is not just a visual thing. The car reacts way to much on your input.

Resolution: Exit the game and restart it. And DO NOT go to control settings again, because that again will inflict the DOR problem. So if you need to make changes to the controller settings, then you have to exit the game and restart.

Very ugly, very in your face too. I logged it twice with Kunos / 505 games. Basically they said to go @#$@ myself.

Shame about the otherwise very excellent physics and FFback in the game.

Oh and I did not change any DOR myself. All default. AC sorts out itself what the DOR is for each car, as it should.

Wow, I’m very surprised they didn’t acknowledge the issue or at least say they were looking into it :/ it is annoying that you can’t adjust anything directly from the menu whilst driving and have to restart and do it all from the main menu instead, not ideal but I’m glad I now know where the problem is that there’s a way of getting around the issue.
I would say I hope they could patch the problem at some point but I’m doubtful and am assuming Kunos are putting all their resources into working on ACC now.

Back